Twenty Five

Arriving at the hospital, Do Hwan wasted no time in gathering his girlfriend in his arms and running inside.

"Help! someone, please help.", he called out desperately.

Within seconds nurses and doctors came forward to take her out of his arms and wheeled her away to carry out an examination and treat her.

He began to follow them out of almost pure desperation, wanting to be there with her wanting to be by her side but was quickly stopped by one of the nurses.

"I'm sorry sir but you can't go any further than this point."

Hearing those words his heart sank, he didn't want to leave his girlfriend alone but he knew he didn't have a say in the matter right now and let the doctors and nurses help his lover.

He nodded, wiping away a stray tear that fell down his face. The nurse gave a look of sympathy as she turned and walked away, he sighed and took a seat in the waiting area.

Now only time would tell...

~

For Do Hwan the minutes that ticked by quickly turned into hours, every second he hoped Lily was alright and that soon a doctor or nurse would turn up with some news on her.

Thankfully after almost an hour and a half of waiting, he spotted a doctor walking towards him.

"Sir, if you would please follow me you'll be able to see your girlfriend now."

Panic and fear spread through his veins but he tried his best to remain calm through the whole situation, "Is she alright?"

"We're hoping she will be, though I'm not going to lie to you. You're lucky you brought her in when you did, from the examination we carried out it is very clear she is unwell and running an almost dangerously high fever and from what we can see the wounds to her body and the two broken ribs haven't made things any easier we have done what we can by giving her an IV, fluids and antibiotics to help fight the fever but for now, she will stay here for at least a few weeks so she and the baby can be monitored."

Do Hwan couldn't quite believe what he was hearing and felt crushed and devastated, his heart couldn't take any more break than it already had. Taking a deep breath he followed the doctor to Lily's room, and though he was upset he wanted to be strong for Lily to reassure her and give her comfort as he knew the next few hours would be tough.

Upon entering the room he saw Lily curled up in the hospital bed wearing a hospital gown attached to a couple of machines helping her breathe due to her broken ribs.

Walking to her bedside he gave a sad sigh as he sat in the chair beside her with his eyes glassy before a stray tear fell down his face. Gently taking her hand in his he began to rub the back of it with his thumb before guiding it towards him and placing a kiss upon it.

"It's alright, Lily I'm here, I'm here darling.", he said softly watching over her as she slept soundly.

For the moment, Lily was heavily sedated to give her some time to rest and heal a little faster. But Do Hwan wished he had never needed to go to that interview, but no matter how much he wanted to he knew he couldn't turn back time and could not change it.

The moment he had gotten that call from Lily he did not continue with the interview and drove home the fastest way possible, once home he was a witness to the police taking Michael away and that was the first and last time Do Hwan had seen him and he had never hated anyone more for what he had done to Lily and their unborn baby.