Eighteen

Later on that night, Liliana and Do Hwan were still outside enjoying their first date.

Though Do Hwan had noticed that Liliana had gone quiet and was starting to look tired as she was lent against him with her head on his shoulder.

"Lily?"

"Hmm?"

"Come on love let's go to bed your tired."

Lifting her head off of Do Hwan's shoulder she fake cried, "Honey nooo. I want to stay out here, with you."

Do Hwan chuckled, "I know you do. And as much as I've loved tonight I think it's time we went to bed.", he told his lover.

With a yawn and giving in Liliana agreed, "Alright, let's go to bed then."

Standing up Do Hwan helped his girlfriend to her feet before placing a kiss on her forehead.

"What about all of the plates and the last of the food?", she asked looking down at what was leftover.

Do Hwan shook his head, "Don't worry about this I can handle it. You're exhausted and you need some rest."

After helping Liliana get back down to the apartment he returned to the roof the collect and gather everything, for a moment he found his mind beginning to wonder and found a smile appearing on his face.

Upon returning back to the apartment he began throwing the last crumbs of food in the bin he turned to the sink and began to wash the few plates they had used.

He found himself staring out of the window and thinking back to when he had first met Liliana. Though she seemed happy to have been able to meet and talk with him he could see in her eyes that she was a lost and broken soul, as they began talking and getting to know each other he could soon see the relief on her face as she began to trust him and open up to him and began talking about her life and why she was in Korea.

Listening to her story he could feel his heart break, but was glad that she was able to talk to him and feel somewhat at peace by getting it off of her chest.

Putting away the plates he turned off the kitchen lights and headed down the hall to their room to find Liliana laying on one side of the bed with the bedside lamp on while she was on her phone.

"Hey, you okay Lily?"

Turning over she nodded, "yeah I'm okay. Just waiting for you."

Do Hwan smiled, "I won't be much longer I just have to get changed and brush my teeth."

Deciding just to wear a pair of pajama bottoms, he headed to the bathroom. Returning to the room he lay beside Liliana facing her as he placed his hand just above her hip.

"Thank you for tonight Do Hwan, it was the best surprise and date ever", she said speaking softly.

"You're welcome I'm glad you enjoyed it", he replied smiling.

~

The couple soon fell asleep, Liliana pulled close in the arms of Do Hwan. The night was quiet and peaceful while the sound of the trees rustling could be heard as they were blown gently in the wind.

But by the very early hours of the morning, Liliana became unsettled.

She began to have a nightmare. Starting to panic in her sleep it became worse, it soon reached a point to which she was distressed.

Opening her eyes, she sat up quickly. Her breathing was quick and heavy, she knew he was having a panic attack.

Alerted by the sudden movement, Do Hwan sat up quickly turning on his bedside lamp and sought to calm his distressed girlfriend.

"Lily it's alright, it's okay darling It was just a bad dream. Shh, it's alright."

Though she was starting to calm down a little, it still wasn't enough.

Cupping her face in his hands he wiped away the stray tears that were falling down her face.

"Lily look at me, it's alright I'm here. Breathe, take deep breaths for me in and out, in and out.", he said softly.

To Do Hwan's relief, Liliana soon had managed to calm down and catch her breath.

"Are you alright?"

Liliana nodded but didn't speak.

Laying down he gently pulled Liliana down with him, holding her close as he tilted his head to kiss her on the forehead.

"It's alright."