Forty Three

Later that evening, Do Hwan and Lily heard the sound of Eaven's heart-wrenching cries.

Lily tried to get up and get out of bed but struggled with her body being sore and tired she sighed.

"It's alright Jagiya I'll go to her."

Getting off of the bed he quickly and immediately walked to Eaven's room. Upon entering the room her face was bright red while tear marks stained her cheeks as more tears filled her eyes.

"Don't cry, bunny it's alright, it's alright sweetheart.", he said while trying to soothe her as he carefully picked her up to hold her close.

Being snuggled against her father's chest meant she soon calmed down and her cries turned into sniffles.

"What's wrong darling, huh, did you need cuddles?".

He quickly got his answer as wriggled and tried to snuggle closer to him. He smiled as he placed a kiss on her head and rubbed her back, tilting his head and looking down at her, he watched as she looked at him directly giving him her beautiful doe eyes.

For a moment, he continued to look at her watching her every movement and for a second he couldn't believe she was his, a small and gentle smile appeared and never left placing a kiss this time on her nose he took in her beauty and every bit of her features soon seeing she looked like a replica of him, her eye shape, nose, mouth and ears even down to the freckle on her nose just like he had.

Some features she retained from her mother such as her fair hair and chin but the rest was all definitely Do Hwan, as he was about to set her back down in her cot she whimpered and clung to his shirt for dear life, handfuls of it within her tiny hands.

"Oh, it's alright sweetheart it's ok, what's wrong?", he spoke softly rubbing her back.

He knew she couldn't answer but he had a feeling she wanted to stay with him for a little while longer not wanting to sleep just let.

Sitting in the recently newly acquired rocking chair, he held her close against his chest in the safety of his arms. Tilting his head to the side, he looked upon her with his gentle gaze while rubbing her back and slowly rocking the chair in a soothing motion.

"Time to go to sleep little one."

To Do Hwan's relief, she soon had fallen asleep and was ready to head to bed himself, carefully standing he set her down in the cot before quietly leaving the room.

~

Some time later, for most of the night things were peaceful as father, mother and daughter slept soundly, until in the very early hours of the morning a white flash could be seen followed by a loud clap of thunder. Being somewhat of a light sleeper Do Hwan instantly woke up, though it wasn't long before his daughter's cries could be heard.

Wasting no time in getting out of bed he was in Eaven's room within seconds where this time, her crying was worrying, even more than before.

He knew instantly it had scared her, shocking her.

Picking her up without hesitation he began to soothe her, "Hey, it's alright Eaven, I'm here darling."

Eaven continued to cry as another loud boom of thunder was heard overhead spooking her to no end, it was so heartbreaking to see and hear her so upset and all Do Hwan could do was to try and console her, comfort her.

Thankfully the storm eventually passed over and to Do Hwan's much need relief.

Kissing her head he sat himself in the rocking chair as it began to move back and forth, "It's ok baby, everything is alright now. You're safe."