Thirty Five

Once out of the bath and in some warm pyjamas Lily felt much more relaxed but her itchy stretch marks were still causing her a problem. Walking back to the bedroom with Do Hwan following behind, Lily continued to rub and scratch at her stomach and stretch marks.

"Lily sweetheart, do you want me to rub some lotion on your belly? It should help soothe your skin and stop it from itching for a while like before"

Lilly nodded agreeing to the idea, remembering the time she had once previously asked Do Hwan to apply the lotion she had bought a few weeks ago, reading that it was very helpful for pregnant women who had stretch marks and found them to be itching and it helped to soothe the skin. Lily was forever more grateful to herself that she had bought the lotion as it had helped once before and would now help again.

"Yes, yes please I really need that right now, this itching is really becoming bothersome and uncomfortable.", she replied, trying not to scratch.

"I know it's okay Jagiya, let's get you comfortable then I'll go and find the lotion yeah?"

"Okay."

Receiving a kiss on the forehead from him, in one swift movement she had found a comfortable position to be able to lay down with Do Hwan placing pillows behind her back to support her before Lily watched him leave the room to return moments later with the lotion that was very much needed.

Taking some of the lotion into his hands he began gently rubbing the lotion around her stomach and before long he could see the Immediate relief on her face as she could finally now be able to stop scratching her belly for a while.

He couldn't help but smile as he felt movement from underneath his hands feeling his daughter move and kick, with the last of the lotion rubbed onto Lily's belly his hands stayed splayed on her belly for a few moments before leaning down towards it and placing a kiss over her belly button.

"Hi baby girl, you're moving around a lot in there, huh?", he spoke softly continuing to spread little kisses over Lily's belly.

Lily found herself with a broad smile on her face as she watched the interaction between father and daughter, she wasn't even born yet and their little girl already had him wrapped around her little finger and there was definitely going to be a close bond between them.

"She really loves you, you'll definitely have a strong father and daughter bond."

"You'll have a bond with her too."

"I know, I know I will but I want her to have that with you that'll be special to me because... It's something I never got to have with my father, not forever", she replied solemnly.

"Oh, Jagiya I'm sorry I-"

"No, no It's okay. It's alright, come here for a moment.", she asked patting the space on the bed next to her.

Moving to sit beside her, he soon wrapped his arms around her before placing a kiss atop her head.

"Seven years ago around a month before my twentieth birthday I lost my dad due to a car accident, he had multiple injuries that after so many days he was no longer able to survive from and soon passed away not long after. For a few months I felt lost I didn't know what to do without him, I missed having him around and not having him to talk to or even just seeing him around the house was really hard because my mother always told me... from the moment I was born I had a close bond with him, and she always said I wouldn't stop crying unless he held me for a while then I'd be calm and then she could feed me my bottle."

Hearing those words Do Hwan now knew why It was so important to Lily why It meant so much to see how he and their baby girl were starting to have a strong bond, something she missed but very much wanted their daughter to have.

He could find the right words so instead continued to hold her keep her close and place a kiss on her forehead.

"How about we read your favourite book for a while?", he suggested.

"I'd like that."