Twenty One

To say that Lily was worried was an understatement and with her thoughts running wild she could only imagine that something was wrong.

In an instant, she felt Do Hwan wrap his arms around me which she quickly accepted and returned the comforting gesture.

"it's alright, it's alright sweetheart everything will be okay I promise I'll be right there with you okay?"

With a nod of her head, she soon let out a deep breath that she didn't even realise that she was holding. Lily couldn't help but feel a little scared too, with having narcolepsy she wasn't sure what would happen.

She wanted to talk to him but she couldn't find the words to be able to say anything as she was feeling very overwhelmed and nervous.

"Darling are you okay? What's wrong?"

"I don't know... I'm just really anxious and scared of what it might be."

As his hands cupped her face she nuzzled into his touch which helped her feel a little better after a few moments.

"Hey, whatever happens, whatever it is we'll get through it together. I'll always be here for you I promise."

Placing a kiss on her forehead he took a gentle hold of her hand as they left the house and made their way out to the car and now only time would tell what was going on with her.

~

When the car had come to a stop and Do Hwan had turned off the engine she could see they had arrived at the hospital and she quickly began to feel my nerves bubbling up inside as her heart was pounding in her chest like a drum.

The silence around her was almost defining as she was quickly lost in her own world until she felt Do Hwan reach out to hold her hand in his.

"Are you ready to go inside sweetheart?"

"Yeah... I'm ready."

Leaving the safety of the car they ventured into the hospital where once again Lily was met with the very familiar smell of disinfectant and cleaning products that made up the well-known smell of a hospital. She didn't think that she would have to come back to the hospital.

They had soon told the Lady at reception that they were there to see her doctor and now it was very much a waiting game until her name was called by one of the nurses and it wasn't long before that happened.

Liliana Grey?"

Once her name was called she held Do Hwan's hand as he guided her staying close to her as they walked down the hall together. Upon entering the room her nerves only increased tenfold and little did she know what they were soon about to find out would change our lives forever as they were greeted by her doctor.

Good Morning Liliana, Do Hwan. Now Liliana I understand you wanted to see me today what I help you with?"

Connecting her thoughts she began to explain how she had been feeling over a period of weeks and being sick most recently.

"Okay, based on what you've told me If it's alright with you I'd like to have a feel of your stomach and then take a blood sample, that will only take a minutes for the results to come back."

With her anxiety starting to rise she could only try and take a few calming breaths as Do Hwan helped her onto a bed for the doctor for her to be able to examine Lily's stomach.

For a few moments, she felt a small amount of pressure on her stomach as the doctor moved her hands around pressing down every few seconds, and thankfully she was soon finished.

I'm sorry, I know that was a little uncomfortable but from what I can tell I already have an idea of what this is but I don't want to say anything until I can be a hundred percent sure and I can confirm. I'll carry out the blood sample but if it's alright with you I'd like to also carry out a ultrasound if that's alright."

As those last few words left the doctors mouth, Lily froze in place as her breath caught in her throat, what was happening?