5. Chapter: Evening with the Lady 1/2

"Do come in!-" you heard the Mistress say and after taking a deep breath you did just so. You quietly closed the door and carefully took a couple of steps.
Lady Dimitrescu, standing facing the wall suddenly turned around and froze.

"Well I'll be damned.." she finally spoke. "From all the servants working here, it just had to be you?!" your Lady asked as she took a seat.

You were taken by surprise, her words almost hurt your feelings.

"I-", but before you could continue she cut you off.

"Do not speak unless stated otherwise, are we clear?!" her already cold stare only grew colder and it made your heart drop.

"Y-yes my Lady." you managed to get out, quickly starting to panic. As beautiful as she was, the Mistress was also terrifying, but that did not stop the butterflies in your stomach.

***
After waiting for what seemed like ages, Lady Dimitrescu finally spoke again.

"Y/n, do you know how to read? she asked in a hesitant tone, not waiting for your answer she continued.

"If you want to survive this night, you better pick up that book from the table and start reading it....out loud"

You were dumbfounded for a second, but did as asked and sat down on a smaller chair she motioned you to.

The book was a romance novel and you couldn't help but smile. Without hesitating any more you started to read to your Lady..

-
{Sorry for another disappointing and short chapter, rn I'm really tired so I'll try to do better in the next update. Ty for 190 reads 💕!!}