11. Chapter: Warning

Since the early morning incident, the Mistress has been inviting to brunches or late evening tea quite often. It was almost as if you two grew... closer?
At evenings you mostly read to her, sometimes she even let you choose the book.
Her daughters still detested you nevertheless, expecaly Daniela.

On the other hand, Medea too, was determined on creating a stronger bond between you and her. Her not so innocent advances on you, were getting harder and harder to disregard.
On one such occasion she managed to corner you in a library, right as you were heading on the late evening tea with your Lady.
Her lips nearly touched yours, but to your luck and utter horror, the situation was interrupted by no other than the tall woman herself.
The look she gave you, was the one full of disapproval. She quickly grabbed your hand and dragged you to her chambers.

When you finally gathered up the courage to look up, the Countess already closed shut the door. She looked down on you with a displeased look on her face, before swiftly turning around and walking on the other side of the room.
She poured herself some wine, before turning back around to face you.

"Well don't just awkwardly stand there, please, take a seat." you hurried to one of the armchairs and sat down. "Feel free to help yourself to some tea." it sounded almost as a request, so you quickly poured yourself some. Lady Dimitrescu never drank tea, despite there always being two cups.

"That's better... now did you pick up the book like I have asked?

Why wasn't she saying anything about the situation before? Was she not mad? Why was she acting so calm?!

Only a small "Yes my Lady." managed to left your lips, as you pulled the book out of your pocket. It looked new, something quite unusual for book's in Dimitrescu's library.

The Mistress sat down across from you, the wine glass still clutched in her hand. She looked you up and down before taking a sip.
"Who was that maid from the library, I don't remember seeing her before?" she finally asked, raising her eyebrow.

There it was.

That was Medea my Lady. I apologize for being so late, it won't happen again..

The Countesses face grew serious, she was just about to take another sip of wine but changed her mind. Her golden eyes pierced yours and it made you shiver. Are you about to die..?

Tell me Y/n ...where did you first encounter Medea?

Her voice sounding so serious now, filled you with worry. Maybe there was something wrong with Medea after all? There was something rather..off about her beauty. You felt safer around your Lady than her, which did not make sense. Not one bit.

It was when ...well my arm was hurt. Medea patched it up. Daniela gave you hard time after the incident. Buckets were spilled by "accident" way to often.

Lady's eyes grew wide. She placed the wine glass down and stood up, making her way behind your back. You felt your heartbeat quicken as she placed her hands on your shoulders, gripping them rather firmly.

"You have to stay away from Medea, do you understand me?" her gripp tightened as she continued "It's for your own good Pet."

The nickname made your cheeks grew soft pink. But avoiding Medea would be close to impossible. She always somehow knew where everyone was, or what they were doing.
You somewhat hesitated, before slowly turning around, facing the woman towering above you.
The Countess let go of your shoulders and took a step back, her face expressionless.

"My Lady I-" she turned away from you and walked back to her armchair, not giving you the chance to finish your sentence.

"We have chatted quite enough my dear. Stop waiting your time on pointless arguments and start reading, I was looking forward to this book."

She lit herself a cigarette and blew out a cloud of smoke. It looked so... elegant, this woman will be the end of you.

****
"What a strange girl you are."
"Why?"
"Flung out of space, Carol said."

____

Someone complained that the chapters I'm writing are too short. So a made a slightly longer one I think, hope you're happy dear stranger!
Also my writing skills are getting progressively worse, but yet somehow this thing got over 1k reads-
you ✨fucking simps✨

(to anyone who got the end reference, I congratulate you, you are a likable individual)