6. Chapter: Evening with the Lady 2/2

⚠️tw: a slight mention of suicide⚠️

'The book was about Ann and Dawn, two women who fell in love and ran away together. But after a year Dawn became diagnosed with cancer and quickly died. In the end, Ann isn't able to comprehend the great loss and commits suicide, in hopes of reuniting with her lover in afterlife.'

-
The ending left you sobbing, your eyes were full of tears, which streamed down your cheeks. It was around 3am now and to your surprise, your Lady was still wide awake.

"Getting emotional, are we?~" she smirked and slowly stood up.

"I- I apologize my Lady, but the ending really broke me!-" you blurted out, while trying to wipe your tears away with your sleeve.

"That's quite alright my dear.." the tall woman sighed as she continued."It was a sad story after all."

She took it a couple of steps and stopped right in front of you.

"Look at your Lady while she's talking to you~" she said in a surprisingly soft voice, which caused you to slightly blush.

You lifted your head and met her eyes. They were a pretty golden color that reminded of honey, which did not help with your blush.

"There there, you can stop crying now." your Lady said as she offered you a tissue.

The action took you by surprise. You thanked her and quickly wiped your tears away.

"Much better~" she gave you a quick smile, before motioning you to stand up.

You did just so.

"Mistress.." you quickly paused before continuing with your question "Please don't mind me asking, but why am I still alive?-"

She gave you a look full of amusement, before letting out a small chuckle.

"My my, now why would I want to get rid of a perfectly good pet?~" your Lady said, winking at you. "Next time we'll read something less depressing."

You were left speechless.

"Leave now, it's very early and your shift will be starting soon."

***
As you closed her door your heart started to pound like crazy.

'W-what kind of a nickname was that?!-'

---
{I am so so sorry..okay not really but still}