15. Chapter: Cornered

It has been about a week since previous events and you have been quite noticeably avoiding your Lady to the best of your abilities.

Luckily for you she was too busy and wasn't in the mood for evening tea, which only made your life a bit easier.

Even though mother Miranda revealed her true identity, you could've sworn she never left. There would always be that sickening feeling of being watched deep-rooted in your consciousness.

Often when you took a glance over your shoulder, you would see a dark figure vanish into thin air.
It made your blood run cold, you wished nothing more than to run away. But you couldn't do that and instead tended to your chores.

***
You were out watering the flowers in the garden and enjoying the silence. For once you were out of Dimitrescu daughters reach with them being bound to the castle.
As you were on your way to get more water a stern voice stopped you dead in your tracks. A familiar scent of parfume hit your nostrils as you slowly turned around. The Mistress was quickly making her way towards you, her glaring eyes now set on yours.

"Y/n." her voice was low with a hint of annoyance.

You opened your mouth to say something, anything, but nothing came out.

Your Lady stopped right in front of you and firmly gripped your arm.

"You have been avoiding me. Why is that?" Her golden eyes were staring at you intensely, demanding an explanation. 

Running wasn't an option with the stern grip she had on your arm and even if you somehow succeeded in running away, any of her daughters could've easily hunt you down back in the castle.
There was no point in lying.

"Uh- You see my Lady..." her grip on your arm softened.  "I am just... scared."

"Scared of what." she let go of your arm completely and took a step back.
"Are.. you scared of me?" the Countesses face expression was now unreadable and she stopped looking at you completely.

You couldn't just tell her how you have been overthinking the kisses you two shared. They might've meant nothing.
Everyone, is in need of affection sometimes and so is a tall, scary and beautiful Countess, 

"No, my Lady, I am scared of mother Miranda." you took a deep breath.
"But didn't want to anger you, because I know how highly you think of her. She has been following me around the castle ever since that uh...night."
You forced yourself to look at the tall woman standing before you.
"I am scared my Lady, scared of what mother Miranda might do to me."

As much as the bird woman scared you that wasn't what bothered you about the evening at all.

"Darling-" the nickname caught you off guard. "Do not fret, I will speak with mother Miranda on the matter."

You let out a small "Thank you my Lady." and excused yourself.

"Where do you think you're going, little bird. We're not done here~"  the slightly flirtatious tone in her voice made your knees weak.

You slowly turned back around and the look on your face must've given you away, because the woman just chuckled.

"Come on now Pet, did you genuinely think I would forget about our little....moment?"

She then walked towards the gazebo and sat down on one of the benches. Looking at you she patted the place next to her, where you somewhat reluctantly sat down.

"No need to be so tense, my dear." her voice caused butterflies to appear in your stomach. "Why are you so quiet, don't you know it's rude to ignore a lady?"

"I apologi-" a delicate finger in gloves was placed on your lips, preventing you from talking any further.

"Oh stop it now with your apologies, just cut to the chase." she was now grinning at you, clearly enjoying your awkwardness.

"..Do I really have to?" the Mistress was now looking at you slightly confused. "I suppose I do." you answered your own question.

Here it goes.

"Had the kisses we shared a deeper meaning behind them?" you quickly turned your head away, your heart pounding against your chest.

"Do you want them to?" your Lady asked, placing her finger under your chin and turning your head back to face her.

"I...I do. I really do want that." you said in a whisper, slightly embarrassed.

"That's a relief.." the beautiful woman sitting next to you hummed and then slowly leaned towards you, gripping your jaw with one hand. Before you could say anything more a pair of soft lips was pressed against your own, making your head spin.
You returned the kiss with just as much passion, wrapping your arms around your Lady's neck.
When you finally pulled away to catch some air, there was the biggest smile dancing on your lips. Your Lady quickly gave you another peck and the stood up.

"At 7pm come to my chambers and don't be late." she then turned around and slowly started to walk away before again facing you. "Your smile is truly adorable, you should smile more." and with that she continued walking away.

You were left speechless sitting on the bench, your heart threatening to burst from happiness.

______

Truly shocking, I know, two updates in April!