12. Chapter: Trouble

You were right, avoiding Medea did turn out to be almost impossible, she always seemed to know where you were. And even if you somehow were successful during the day, she always managed to corner you in your room, once your shift ended.
Eventually it lead to you giving up completely and spending time with Medea behind the Countesses back. The woman gave you the creeps, but in the end it was better than feeling constantly spied upon.

If Medea was such a bother, the Mistress could always just make her dissapear... right?

***
It was a rainy day, which caused your gardening duty to be cut short. Finding yourself with the rest of the day off, you slowly made your way towards the library.
But before you managed to reach your destination, an all to familiar sound of buzzing made you freeze on the spot.

"Mother wants to speak to you~"  a voice you soon recognized as Cassandra's, said in a sickening sweet tone.
"I don't know what you did, but she doesn't appear to be happy!"

Well that certainly wasn't good.

Before you could  say anything, Cassandra grabbed your hand and started dragging you to the Mistresses office. Her excited psychotic laughter filled your ears, only worsening the already present feeling of uneasiness.

Reaching your destination she knocked on the door three times and vanished into a cloud of bugs, but not before she sang "See you in the cellar~".

You took your Lady's "Come in!" as a sign and carefully opened the door. Her honey like colored eyes immediately found yours, causing your heartbeat to quicken. You quickly stepped in and silently closed the door behind you.

"You wanted to see me, ...my Lady?" you said in almost a whisper, slightly scared for your life.

She stood up, her eyes never leaving yours, as she slowly made her way towards you. The sweet smell of her parfume hitting your nose, was leaving you almost drunk like.

"Pet. Just how stupid do you think I am?!"

..This was bad

"You really thought I wouldn't notice." each word felt like a punch to the stomach.

"My Lady Of course not-" you quickly stopped talking after she sent you a death glare.

Lady Dimitrescu, took a couple of steps further, nearly pinning you to the wall. You gulped before finally gathering  the courage to look up.

To your surprise the tall woman standing in front of you did not break your neck. She did however give you a sad smile and simply asked
"You love her, don't you Y/n?"

_________

Oh yeah sorry for disappearing for like a month, it will happen again. I was thinking of starting another fanfiction about Ada Wong, so if you're interested look forward to that. Oh and also happy new year!