9. Chapter: Medea

To your luck instead of the old geezer a younger, nicer maid came. You have never spoken to her before, but you knew exactly who she was. Her name was Medea and you caught yourself staring at her numerous times. Medea's beauty was breathtaking, it drew anyone in like a spell. Ironic isn't it?

"That's what happens when you walk around at forbidden hours~ " she said kneeling beside you, inspecting the wound. Her presence made butterflies appear in your stomach, you could feel your cheeks getting hotter by seconds. "How the hell are you still alive?.." Medea murmured under her breath.

She proceeded to pour something on your wound, causing you to let out a loud scream. Loud noise made Medea flinch. She roughly gripped your jaw, forcing you to make eye contact. Her eye color was.... unlike anything you have seen before. Her eyes were cold and distant unlike the Mistresses. Her grip on your arm tightened.

"YOU HAVE TO STAY QUIET. I simply cannot stand screaming this early!" you nodded silently, as she began sewing the wound. It took everything not to scream.

"I never got your name!" Medea said in a cheerful tone after placing bandages on your arm and helping you stand up.

"It's y/n." her smile made the feeling of butterflies stronger and your heartbeat quicken.

Medea seemed to took a notice, taking a couple of steps towards you. Out of instinct you took a few steps back until she had you pinned against the wall.

"Such a pretty name for such a pretty face~" her face nearly inches from yours send your head spinning, you felt drunk. Yet something was... off.
Not being able to put your finger on it you slightly pushed Medea away, giving an apologetic smile.

"Thank you for stitching me up Medea, truly. I would love to stay but the Mistresses is waiting for me." you almost bolted away, wincing as the sudden movement reminded you of your condition.
Medea left out a small giggle as she turned around, giving you a wink before she walked away.

After taking a couple of deep breaths, you continued your walk to your Lady's chambers. To your surprise the Mistress opened the door before you even had the chance to knock, quickly pulling you inside by your arm.
Every thought of Medea left as the Lady's sweet scent of perfume hit your nose.

The door behind your back, quickly closed shut.