10. Chapter: A talk with the Lady

A slight blush creeped on your cheeks as you slowly lifted your head, looking at the tall woman. The Mistresses was unknowingly still clutching your arm tightly.
She wasn't wearing makeup anymore, her dress was replaced by a nightgown. Her now long hair was still slightly wet.
She was stunning-

"You wanted to see me?..." your voice came out in almost a whisper, making your nervousness painfully obvious.

"Yes I did y/n. Please take a seat, we have a lot to talk about." noticing she was still grabbing your arm, she let go quickly.

You did as told, taking seat in one of the big armchairs. It was strange being back after just an hour, early in the morning.

"What do you wish to talk about my Lady?" the question was stupid, since you knew the answer already.

The Countess took a seat facing you and lit herself a cigarette. She blew out a cloud of smoke and asked
"What are you?"

The question took you by surprise. What did she mean by that?..

"Don't mind me asking my Lady, but what did you mean by that?"

The confusion in your voice seemed to surprise Lady Dimitrescu. She placed down a glass of wine from which she meant to take a sip.

"Your confusion appears to be genuine. Strange." she hummed, her gaze focused on your face. "Pet, there is something wrong with your blood."

"Am....Am I going to die?" you did not want that.

"God no, at least not for now." your Lady chuckled and continued. "It's the way it tastes."

A small wave of relief washed over you. The crackling of the fireplace in the background, made the atmosphere feel almost romantic.

"I was hoping to get some answers out of you, but you seem to know less about it than I do."

"Mistress?" you choose your next words carefully.
"What..does my blood taste like?"

Her eyes drifted off to some painting, studying it intensely. After minutes of silence, she finally answered.
"Blood I suppose tastes like life, yours tastes like a curse."

_______

{Don't get used to everyday uploads. Anyway like thanks for over 700 reads like ✨whatthefuck✨}