Chapter 1: Her Baby is Gone

I'll Love You Forever — Chapter 1: Her Baby is Gone

Izuku opens the door.

He smiles as he observes the hospital room. On the hospital bed, Ochaco is laying down after the procedure, smiling as he sees her. He walks over, and nudges her awake. Nine long months of pain finally over.

The young boy leans over to see his lover's languorous eyes. After a few minutes of observation... she awakens. She smiles as the first sight she sees as she awakens is the man she loved most in the world. He sees her, and the eyes of the two meet. The two tremble after seeing one another...

The two can't help but crying; their eyes showing blatant signs of emotion driven into their gazes. Izuku leans over, and he immediately grabs Ochaco, pulling her into an embrace. the boy's smile remains imprinted on his face; his smile unmoving.

He moves over, and stares directly into her eyes with his smile motionless on his face. She sees this, and she can't help but smile as well given the situation.

They must be so happy.
They must be so happy that it's all finally over.
They're so happy.

They can't help but cry in each other's arms. They're smiling, but they're crying at the same time. Why is that? Why do we cry whenever we're happy? It just doesn't make sense.

It happens all at once, and Izuku can no longer help it. His embrace grows tighter; she reciprocates in return. They can't help but cry, feeling as if that it was all they can do. Their smiles weren't plastic — they were full of genuine emotion.

Izuku looks over to a window, and all of a sudden, the rain starts all over again. The thunderstorms continue all at once. This pushes them over the edge. Nonstop tears are overflowing.

So many tears, no drying out anytime soon as the thunderous storms all take over. Ochaco's tears are no longer soft spoken. She's wailing into Izuku's arms, sobbing like a crying child in his cold embrace.

Izuku continues crying, and he pulls away to look at her; however, he's still smiling in pure happiness. Hapiness that they were together. Happy that their family was all here. Thankful that she was okay.

As he smiles, however, she does not give him one in return. She hugs him one, final time and whispers in his ear with the tears still overflowing from her eyes.

"I'm sorry, Deku..."

The young man remains silent in response. He only listens to the helpless cries of his lover, preparing to hear the worst news a human could ever hear — let alone at the ripe age of seventeen.

"He didn't make it...! Our baby is dead, Deku... our baby is dead...!"

Izuku remains silent. He smiles. It was all his master taught him to do; however, in reality, his heart had been broken. He needed to be strong for her.

He wraps his arms around her cold body.

Ochaco had suffered a miscarriage.

Their baby is a stillborn.

"T-Toshi is dead, D-Deku... H-He-He's g-gooone!"

He only gives her a blank smile

"Our baby is... is GONE, Deku! GONE!"

Silence... only being broken by the sobs of the inconsolable girl. In response, the only thing the young boy gives her is an emotionless smile.

"Why the fuck are you smiling?! Do you not realize everything we've done has been for nothing, Deku?! We lost out on a year at U.A, we spent so much of our time and money nurturing our house, a-and... all you can do is SMILE! Don't you give a fuck, Deku?! Have you EVER given a fuck about us?!"