Chapter 4: As Everything Came Together

I'll Love You Forever: Chapter 4 — As Everything Came Together

A knocking sound is coming from the door.

After some moments of no response, the person outside knocks again.
"Uraraka, it's me, Deku!"

Loud footsteps are heard from within, as if there was a person inside scrambling to fix something. The young man presses his ear against the door and hears the footsteps coming closer.

Suddenly, he pulls his head backwards as the door frantically swings open. Soon, he speaks up surprised to find someone other than the person he was looking for.

"Deku, is that you?"

He tries to put on a smile.
"Oh, Good Evening, Mrs. Uraraka."

It was the girl's mother. She welcomes the boy inside of the incomplete home. The two walk inside and scan the room before they conversate. She gives him a warm, welcoming smile as she leads him inside.

He notices the considerable amount of tools scattering the floor. Buckets of paint line against the white walls where they planned to create a colorful wall for the soon-to-be child. Even though the paintjob wasn't near done, seeing her mother with stains of paint all over her clothes and apron informed him of the progress being done on their home.

He opens a door to see the clean, pure-white bathroom, confirming that it was the first room in the house to have its construction complete.

He comments on this.
"The bathroom looks amazing. I can't thank you enough for all the work you've done for us."

She fans her hands pleasingly.
"You're very much welcome, honey. We're nowhere close to finishing, though, so let's temper our expectations for now."

The boy opens the cabinet inside of the bathroom, and begins filling it with different bottles, ointments and other miscellaneous medicinal supplies.

"Earlier today, Ochaco told me to go help you guys out, so I went to the pharmacy today. I thought I could stock up the medicine cabinet if that's alright with you?"

She walks into the bathroom, pleased with the provisions the boy had brought.
"How very thoughtful! Bringing all of this is quite a relief— you never know when an emergency is going to happen, you know."

The mother then reaches back for her pocket.
"Where could it be...?"

He walks outside of the bathroom.
"What are you looking for?"

She soon follows him into the living room.
"Oh, it's my wallet. I must have dropped it in the room while I was painting earlier..."

"Wallet? Oh, no, you don't need to recompensate me! I'd be glad to not take any more of your money." He insists.

But she insists as well.
"Nonsense, dear. Our company is glad to be able to build a home for you and my daughter. Don't think of it as an expense."

He persists in wanting to help.
"I just... feel a little bad. I'm well aware that you already don't have a lot of business, but taking all of your time just to build a house for us? Respectfully, I'm sure your time would be better spent elsewhere... n-not that I'm not grateful!"

"Well, if you feel bad about it, how about you help me find my wallet?" She quips.

"...Yes, ma'am." He quickly responds.

Seeing the boy hurriedly search the room, the mother smiles.
"You know, we were going to build a house for my daughter after graduation anyways, if the hero thing didn't work out. We're just... sticking with the original plan. You aren't a bother at all; as a matter of fact, I'm glad it's you we're doing this for."