Chapter 3: Forever is a Strong Word

I'll Love You Forever: Chapter 3 — Forever is a Strong Word

It was their First Year of School at UA High.

Everything started out so happy.

It all started out as a silly little crush on each other. It wasn't meant to be this way. In reality, it all started when this fearful boy with a crazy dream rescued a girl with similar aspirations as him.

One wanted to make money to ease her parents' burden.

The other wanted to become the world's greatest hero.

With their desires and ambitions being similar, they became fast friends, and it all started rising from there.

One, late, December evening, their class— including the two— played a meaningless game.

"Truth or Dare," was it...?

How long has it been since it was all a game?

Since this story has been all about a boy and a girl?

Believing, Trusting, Caring, Loving one another.

It's been far too long.

Far too painful.

One event led to another, and he finally garnered the courage to ask her to go out with him after the class' heated game.

It wasn't meant to be anything serious. Just two friends happily strolling through the festival, talking and having fun like they always did.

Just two friends... a boy and a girl.

Simple, right?

But when has it ever been simple when it comes to that?

Christmas came along, and their class threw a party.

Near the end, there was a Slow Dance.

The two were as close as ever, so "why not?—" he thought.

He asked her to dance, and so she obliged.

He takes his hand in hers, and they start swaying to the rhythm.

Soon, the entire class followed.

Witnessing the pure adoration the two had for each other, how could they not?

Their High School had a ball.

A New Year's Event: where two students can attend an on-campus dance before the clock strikes midnight before the new year.

Once more, they danced in each other's arms, only this time, they understood exactly how they felt about each other.

Everything was so happy then.

Let's look at what was shared between them:

Even though the nervousness teemed in their eyes, the two conversed... gently whispering as the enrapturing melody echoed throught that romantic night.

He spoke along the lines of:

"You're the first person I've ever felt this way before."

"When I first met you... I was so nervous."

"My dad was never really home, so I had nobody to teach me about things like that."

"You saved me after I tripped, and I couldn't even muster up the courage to speak to you. I'm sure you had a bad first impression on me..."

She responded.

"I remember seeing you jump into action all to save a stranger you've had only a brief interaction with. You... broke all of your limbs all for my sake."