Chapter 5: The One That Got Away

I'll Love You Forever: Chapter 5 — The One That Got Away

It's a cold, August day. The months of summer had flown by, and the surrounding greenery begins to change the shade of their leaves. With that, however, the winds have begun to pick up once more, and the bright sunny days of the past few months are gone— only to be replaced by the cooler, more precipitated weather.

"Will that be all?"
A waitress takes an empty mug from the table.

The customer gives her a half-hearted 'thank you—' understandably so, as this was his fourth mug at this point. He had been at the outdoor seating for quite a little while now.

"Do you want me to fix you another one, or are you wanting the bill?"
The waitress asks.

The customer huffs quietly to himself.
"I'm not sure if I can handle another coffee..."

"Well, don't hesitate to ring me up if you change your mind, mhm?"
She responds.

He sighs without a response. As she slowly treads away, she has a swift thought, and quickly turns back around and approaches him once again.

"I'm... sorry, but I think I recognize you. Do I?"

The customer gives her a lukewarm stare.
"Oh yeah?"

She gathers her thought.
"Yeah! You're... that boy from UA, aren't you?"

His gaze drifts off slowly. It's as if he was unpleasantly surprised that he's still being recognized.

She continues.
"It's... Deku, right?"

He sighs, giving her a lackluster smile.
"Yup... that's me."

As opposed to his expression, the waitress' face suddenly lights up.
"Oh, gosh. We usually get a few students here, but who would've known that I would be talking to the boy that saved us all?"

Noticing the lack of responsiveness, she observes that he's staring off into the empty seat in front of him.

"Are you waiting for someone?"

He dodges the question.
"Get me another coffee... please."

She pauses for a moment before going back into a service smile.
"You got it."

The waitress slowly turns around, hoping to at least get a response. That's when the sound of his voice catches her attention once more.

"Hey, actually.... make that tea."
He points to a specific brand of tea on the menu.

"Oh, of... of course."
The waitress walks back inside the café slightly disappointed, but the young boy merely looks down at his cellphone, continuing to wait.

Lately, he's been inexplicably cold. The enigma causing his distant behavior was unbeknown to even himself, at least at this time. The time taken waiting only made his thoughts grow more and more convoluted as he wallows with nothing but himself.

If only he had someone to share these thoughts with.

But suddenly, on queue, the person he had been waiting for arrives. The tall, dark-haired, full-figured girl approaches him, giving him an amiable expression.

"Good evening, Izuku."

As he stands, his expression perks up at the sight of her.
"H-Hey."

As the two give each other a smile, they also share a warm embrace. The two sit parallel to each other — the girl setting down her purse on the table.

"Seeing you again is such a breath of fresh air."
She tells him affably.

"...You look lovely today."
He musters a compliment.