Chapter 8: That Side Of You

I'll Love You Forever: Chapter 8 — That Side Of You

Quickly, all while holding his hand, Ochaco runs out of the dormitories along with Izuku. Once they were out the doorstep, she turns around and swiftly shuts the door, taking a peek into the nearby windows making sure none of her classmates saw the two leaving abruptly.

Ochaco: Good... the coast is clear.

Izuku: Hey! What's the matter with you today...?!

Ochaco: Huh, what do you mean?

Izuku: Something is on your mind right? You aren't usually like... this.
And why did you have to pull me outside? I-I'm sure we could've discussed whatever's bothering you inside.

Ochaco: Deku, I told you! It's... embarrassing with all of our classmates around.

Izuku: U-Um, is it a secret? Just so you know, you can tell me anything, s-so...

Ochaco: N-No, again, I told you that... it was about last night.

Izuku: Last... night?

Ochaco: The game we were playing, Deku! Truth or Dare?!

The boy was already flustered enough with her holding his hand, wanting to talk alone, but her reminding him of the events that transpired last night causes his embarrassment to grow tenfold.

Izuku: O-Oh, you mean when... we were about to-

Ochaco: Yeah, yeah, we were about to... kiss. I was there.

Izuku: *Blush* You didn't have to say it!

Ochaco: I'm sorry, I'm sorry!— I just...!

Their heads were spinning around, full of emotions unknown and out of control. He was dared to kiss the person on his left, which was conveniently: her. They almost did it, in fact, if it weren't for the game to be stopped all of a sudden.

Izuku: ...If it's about having to buy dinner for the class since we couldn't do it, then you don't have to worry about it! I'll just... ask my mom for a down payment on my allowance, a-and... I have some savings leftover in my room-

Ochaco: No, dummy, it isn't about that!

After suddenly yelling at him, the girl quickly puts her hand over her mouth in an attempt to hide how confused she was.

Ochaco: I-I'm sorry for yelling.

Izuku: No, it's okay. I just... want you to tell me what's on your mind.

Ochaco: O-Okay.... *To Herself* You've got this, Ochaco...

She says that to herself, but several moments of silence ensue before a word was spoken. The two were naive, clueless as to what to do with the emotions bubbling within them. They felt as if they just wanted to run away from said feelings.

But she takes the first step.

Ochaco: So, last night, I couldn't sleep... I couldn't sleep because I kept thinking about... how you almost kissed me right then and there.

Izuku: *Blush* Ahh, Jeez...!

Ochaco: I've, um... I've never been kissed before, e-especially not by a boy. I don't know if you felt it, but, when our faces were really close together? It was only for a few seconds, but it felt like forever.

Izuku: Yeah, I get what you mean! When something really important to you is happening, so your brain makes it feel like it's happening for way longer than it actually is? I actually... felt the same way as you did.

Ochaco: Oh, that's great! Well, anyways, while laying down I just couldn't stop thinking about how... if we really DID kiss, then.... I wouldn't have minded if you were the one to take it— m-my first kiss, I mean!