Chapter 2: She Was Casted Aside

I'll Love You Forever— Chapter 2: She Was Casted Aside

Suddenly...

Seemingly out of nowhere,

The muffled sounds of banging are heard even through her near nonexistent auditory sensations.

Her face quivers at the sound. Maybe it was the Messenger of God, ready to take her into the afterlife. With this not-so-comforting thought in her mind, she slowly allows her eyes to open; she can't see properly, however, as she's still dizzy following what she had just done to herself.

She carefully raises her head up to meet the doorframe in front of her. The sound stops for a moment... but it all comes back to her once the banging on her door continues again.

It's then she realizes that there was someone outside of the door, but she had no idea that anybody even knew she was here. Panic begins filling her mind — what would they say if they found her in this state? If her parents found out, she would never forgive herself... she feels as if she doesn't want to bear that burden along with everything else that's happening at the same time.

The banging on her door continues. On reaction, she quickly sits up; however, she immediately takes a sharp breath through her teeth after she realizes that the sudden shift in position only ruptured her already-deep cuts.

Her voice escapes for a moment, followed by violent coughing and hacking, forcing her throat to cough up the clotting of blood stuck in her esophagus. After hearing the commotion inside the room, this prompts the person outside to realize that somebody was indeed inside the bathroom. The knocking grows even louder, until it suddenly becomes loud banging.

She had made a mistake; she didn't want anybody to find out what she was doing. Her demeanor becomes even more frantic after hearing a familiar, male voice outside plead her name, screaming for her.

"Uraraka?!"

The loud banging continues.

"Uraraka?! Answer me!"

She can't help but panic in this situation. A part inside of her wants to answer, but another just wants to get it over with. She didn't want to have to see the face of someone she cares about when she leaves.

With her remaining strength, she looks down at the fragmented bathroom floor. Aside from the pieces of bloodied, broken glass, she takes notice of the knife she had used to mutilate herself in the first place. Hurriedly, she pushes herself against the rim of the tub, trying to get out.

She struggles in doing so; she had lost quite a bit of blood, after all. She cries out in agony, but her voice isn't leaving her mouth. As she exerts herself, she only feels the wounds all over her slowly opening.

This method was mostly painless, but it also takes several hours to eventually finish — allowing the victim to go in peace, reflecting on the final moments of his or her life; even then, if there were any sudden movement like what she was doing right now, the pain and torment would begin.

Tears escape her eyes. This was supposed to be painless, but it's just now hitting her how awful this whole thing was. She silently sobs to herself, trying to mask the sounds of her voice from reaching the outside of the door. She makes it halfway up the tub, and her body is about to give in...

Be that as it may, the sounds of the person outside continuously knocking and screaming her name forces herself to act, and she pushes with the final remnants of her energy and adrenaline.

She kept thinking about what would happen. She looks around her, seeing how hard she and everyone else had worked in building this perfect home supposedly for her and her family, but everything was now gone. If she weren't so damaged, she would be crying outright, but the situation was too distressing for her to even react properly.