Chapter 11

School hours flew by that day for Roseanne because she was completely looking forward to spending some quality time with Jennie. She almost flew out through the doors of the lecture theatre to scour for one of the quietest corners of the school where Wendy wouldn't find them.

When she finally located a spot, she smiled smugly to herself before settling down and sending Jennie a text of reminder. The latter soon joined her and a good two hours glided by, with Roseanne pouring questions and Jennie answering them to the best of her ability. Roseanne was pretty satisfied that there were minimal disturbances and the like.

"Aish, I'm so tired..." Roseanne rested her head onto the table. It was so tempting to just doze off there and then.

"Yah, Roseanne Park, we're barely through. Try to keep up." Jennie was exceptionally strict when it came to studying. She was a total bookworm.

"Aww, come on... we've been at this for two hours. I'm going crazy." Roseanne simply refused to get up.

"You'll be going even crazier when you flunk those tests of yours. Come, sit up." Jennie pulled the girl up by the shoulders but Roseanne lazily leaned against her.

"Oh, you..." Jennie shook her head hopelessly, doing her best to support the girl's weight. Roseanne only wrapped her arms tightly around Jennie's waist, hugging her close like a bolster.

"Yah..." Jennie started as Roseanne nuzzled her neck.

Although Jennie was lightly eager to return the affection, the better part of her did not want to risk Roseanne failing her quizzes.

Roseanne, on the other hand, couldn't really care less about the forthcoming tests. She decided that she needed to start showing the girl how much she loved her.

"Nini-yah..." Roseanne propped her head up with the shorter girl's shoulder and looked at her with puppy-dog eyes.

"Don't give me that now, Roseanne Park. We're not taking a break and that's final." Jennie devoted her attention back to the book in front of her, struggling to ignore the girl.

"I'm not asking for a break... I just want to tell you that I love you. Very much." Roseanne continued. She felt her own hair stand at those words because she had never said something like that to anybody before.

Her statement stunned Jennie slightly. It was the first time Roseanne had said those three words.

"I love you too." Jennie turned to her right to look into the girl's eyes.

With that, Roseanne instinctively lifted her head to press her lips against the girl's gently. To her surprise, Jennie kissed her back with a bit more force and she took it as permission to deepen the kiss. Roseanne's breath froze and her heart pounded so fast in her chest that she felt she might just collapse from the intensity of the moment.

A sudden vibration from Jennie's phone on the table startled the two as they hurriedly separated. Roseanne mentally cussed the bad timing of the blasted text as Jennie picked her phone up and started to text back.

"Who's that?" Roseanne couldn't help but ask.

"Wendy."

Roseanne felt a surge of anger well up in her chest at the answer.

"Checking up on you again, huh?" She scoffed, not even bothering to hide the contempt in her voice anymore. Boy, does this girl ever leave her girlfriend alone?

"She's just asking some questions on Psychology. Apparently next week is test week for her as well." Jennie replied calmly.

"Oh, and that's my problem because?" The words just slipped out of Roseanne's mouth before she had time to control herself.