Chapter 15

The two girls sat quietly on the bed in Roseanne's room. It felt a little nostalgic as Roseanne recalled how awkward it was for her when Jennie was beside her in the room the first time. There was peace, quiet, and silence now as well but no more awkwardness left. Nonetheless, the mood was heavy. Mr. Kim had just left in a fit of rage after firmly concluding that he would never approve of the two.

"Nini-yah--"

"That was the first time he ever hit me." There was still a slight sting on Jennie's right cheek as she brushed her fingers across the spot.

"I'm so sorry... I should've been the one to take that blow but I really didn't see it coming..." Roseanne hurriedly pulled the girl into her arms and cuddled her closely.

"He is the most selfish man I've ever known." Jennie continued, still pissed off at her father's strict disapproval.

"I actually understand where your father is coming from, Nini. He just wants what's best for you. I can't believe he came all the way down here for this." The smaller girl released herself from Roseanne's arms at the statement.

"So you don't mind that we're not allowed to be together?" When she saw the disappointment in the girl's eyes, Roseanne rapidly shook her head.

"Jennie, I love you, and it would kill me if I couldn't be with you. I just want you to see that your father really cares a lot for you, and perhaps there might still be a way to convince him that we are serious about this. I would do anything within my means to get his consent, no matter how long it takes." It was true that Roseanne had no freaking clue how she was gonna go about doing whatever she just promised but she knew she would find a way around it eventually.

"Rosie... thank you." Jennie leaned against the taller girl's shoulder. The assurance that Roseanne was able to give her made her feel secure.

"No, I should thank you. All those things you said to your dad allowed me to truly understand how much I mean to you. I'm that much surer now that you're the only one I'll ever need."

So the couple remained in silence, merely taking pleasure in each other's presence.

"You know, I'm so gonna get Lisa for this." Trashing things out with Lisa was something Roseanne had always wanted to do ever since the day she first met the nasty girl at the café.

Jennie rubbed a soothing hand down her arm, and Roseanne expected to be told to drop the issue once again.

"I'll be there with you if you ever want to meet her in person just to clarify things."

"At long last! Justice is finally restored! Nini-yah, you really surprise me sometimes." Roseanne chortled. Only a few hours earlier she had been advised not to be rash or do anything silly.

"Mm, Rosie." Jennie started a few minutes later.

"Yes?"

"Do you know what I've always wanted to do?" Roseanne noticed a playful gleam in her girlfriend's eyes when she turned to face her.

"Tell me."

Jennie closed the distance between the both of them slowly, leaning in until their lips were merely less than an inch apart.

"Wait." Roseanne laid a finger on the girl's lips before she could move in any closer. Jennie only looked at her curiously.

"Is this another attempt at trying to get me to skip out on another working day? Because I happen to realize that it's Saturday tomorrow..." The inquisitive expression on Jennie's face was instantly replaced by a scornful one at her girlfriend's allegation, and she retreated at once.