Chapter 2

As Dara drives to Dexters school to pick him up early, she is realizing that this job offer may be her one chance to keep her brother in school and put money back into his trust fund. She pulls up at the school and gets out, walking inside. She is looking for the office, and eventually she finds it. There's a lady sitting at the desk she's Asian, she smiles at her.

"Hi, can I help you," she asks.

"Hi, I need to pick up my brother, Dexter Keegan," Dara says. She begins typing his name. And she looks back up.

"Dara," she says. Dara nods. She nods back and grabs her phone dialing his teachers room.

"Yes I need Dexter Keegan yes leaving with his sister," she said. Hanging up the phone.

"My name is Cari, please just sign these papers and have a seat out in the front," she said handing her a clipboard. She signs her name and takes a seat out front.

A few minutes pass and Dexter runs to Dara embracing her in a hug. He misses her when she's away but when she comes back it's like they've been apart for a lifetime.

"Why are we leaving," he asks. She grins.

"I am going to a big tech company just inside the city, and didn't want to be late picking you up, I quit my job and it's time for change," she said. He grinned nodding.

On the way to the tech company, neither one say a word. The silence is nice for a minute but she gets curious because he usually talks a lot. And she could see his face was in despair.

"Okay Dex, what is wrong," she asks. He sighs.

"Well, I like this girl she's a year older than me, but she's so nice and I really want to tell yer but I feel like she wouldn't want to stay friends, what if she doesn't like me back," he says. Dara shakes her head smiling.

"No my brother will be liked, because you are to kind and sweet not to be, just tell her you really like her, see if she feels the same way," Dara tells him. He nods.

"Besides if she don't like you that way, you'll get your chance, you're too cute," she laughs. He laughs too. As they pull up to the big tech company and they park the car.

Both of them get out of the car. She's wearing her dark jeans and a blue shirt with a black leather jacket. But she had a suit jacket in the back so she grabs the black suit jacket and puts it on.

Both walk into the building. The receptionist looks at them. It's a big building at least twenty floors. Dexter looks around in awe. He had never seen a large building on this scale.

"I'm here to see Mr. Blake Parker he sent me an email with a job offer, I'm Dara Keegan," Dara said. The receptionist was dark skinned but beautiful.

"Of course Dara he's expecting you, go to the elevator to your left and to the tenth floor, then hang a right, your brother can wait in the waiting area and you can tell the girl at the desk who you are and she will get you signed in," she said. Dara nods.

She grabs her brothers hand, and heads to the elevator. When she gets in there's only one other male in there. He's built, and he's about 5'9. He has beautiful blue eyes and he looks at Dara. And grins. And then looks at Dexter. He's wearing a suit, as he usually does.

"Oh wow, I love that suit man, I had one like that at your age," the stranger says, Dexter smiles up at him. Dara smiles back. She is intrigued by him.

"So are you here for an interview too," Dara asks. He chuckled.

"You could say that, and you," he asks. She nods.

"Yes, although I don't know this Blake guy, he just insisted I come, and by insisted I meant he asked fairly nicely, I'm Dara, this is Dexter," Dar said. He extended his hand and they shook hands and Dexter too. And the elevator dings. And the door opens.

"Well, good luck with the interview, Blake is a pretty standard guy," he said. She smiles at him and walks out of the elevator watching him disappear around the corner. He was so handsome and breathtaking. His suit was fitted to his body his brown hair was slicked back. He had some cleans scruff on his face.

"Dara, we should go to the desk now," Dexter spoke. She nods and he notices her admiring him. The woman at the desk smiles and stands up. She's a white female around thirty with a wedding ring on her finger.

"Dara Keegan as I live and breath, Blake is expecting you, Dexter you can have a seat out here with me, and I'll send you on back," the woman said. Her tag on her shirt proved her name was Marissa. Dexter sat beside the desk and picked up a book.

"You going to be okay out here," Dara asks kneeling in front of her brother. He nods.

"Go on, I have books, I'll be fine," he said. She pays his leg and stands up.

"Dara, follow the woman in red, she will take you to mr Parker. And I'll watch after Dexter," Marissa says. Pointing to an older lady in a red suit. Dara follows after her, rounding the corner to the right.

After a few steps she stops by a door the reads 'CEO Blake Parker' and she wraps on the door. He slightly tells her to come in. The woman opens the door and tells Dara to go in. She takes a breath and nods. Once she's inside she realizes the man that is Blake is the man from the elevator. She goes blank. He smiles at her walking to the other side of his desk sitting in his chair. It looks like he's going through a folder.

"Welcome Dara, first impressions are always a good thing, and you passed the first task, kind, sweet, social, and not to mention you're family means a lot to you," he said laying the folder down. She steps further in.

"So you weren't going to tell me who you were because you wanted to see how I reacted with strangers in an elevator?"

"On the contrary that's exactly what I was doing and to see how you talked about me as a boss, and no bad words came from your lips, so, I'd say you did well, but now we have a harder task," he said standing up and coming in front of her.

"I'll let you stay if you do something for me," he said. No not this again.

"Look, I've been asked this today by my old boss, and as I told him I'm not working for sex, so if you want to hire me it'll be a platonic thing and not because I slept with you and with all due respect, acting like a pig, will get you no where," she said crossing her arms. He turns around. She gulps. And thinks maybe he was the same way. But it surprised her.

"Good, you passed, you stand up for yourself and don't let anyone use you to get what they want, which means, in a hard situation you'll survive, you passed."