Chapter 17

Blake sat watching Roman and Dara. But he wasn't as mad as before. He knew she wanted him to react to her. And acting childish with Roman wasn't going to do it. He wanted her to think it was bothering him but it wasn't. So he wasn't going to pretend. She looked at Blake. Roman looked back too.

"I don't think it's working, I believe he knows we're are only indulging him, but no worries, we will get him," Roman said. She was just confused.

"How," she said. He picked her up swinging her. She yelped.

"Okay I get it, more touching, that could work," she said. But Blake knew better. Because everyone knew how she looked at Blake. Marissa and Ty grabbed Dexter and swung him into the water. He came up laughing and splashing them both.

"Dara, I'm sorry about flirting with cruel intentions, you really are special," Roman said. She nods.

"Thanks, that means a lot," she said. He nods. Kissing her hand. Blake sat up watching them. Not believing he kissed her hand like he did.

"This is torture," Blake says. Ben chuckled.

"They are working together to prove her point son, you should just tell her before something happens," Ben said. He shook his head.

"No I have a better idea," he said. Paul looked to Ben. This wasn't a good thing.

After everyone swam and had their feel of beach, showers were taken and beds were slept in. It was a fun night for everyone even Blake. Who had an idea up his sleeve.

A couple of weeks passed. So far no threats were made and nothing else happened. But it wasn't over. The bomber had only just found out about their location. And he would try it again. But they knew what to look for as far as being invisible. Dexter was able to see the movements and low lights from the technology that he had been using. Things were going good at the office. But things were about to get ugly in Miami.

Blake had accepted the challenge from Roman and Dara. But he was also challenging Dara as well. He challenged Dara to a Martial arts match. Him and her. The idea was to get her to as close to him as possible and make her confess she was only using Roman to make him jealous. It was high school level but he wanted to hear her say it to him.

Dara stood in the training room with the rest of her friends. And Blake. Paul stood between them.

"Okay don't actually kill each other but first one to get the other down for three seconds wins, you must by on top of the other person in some form," Paul said. Blake was shirtless and Dara had her leather outfit on. Paul moves letting them go for it.

"You're going to wish you never accepted this challenge," Dara said. He raised a brow as she runs towards him but before he has time to react she slides under him pushing his knees in but he continues to stand back flipping over her to grab her from behind.

She thrashes in front him trying to get away from his grasp.

"Admit it Dara, admit this was a ploy to make me jealous," he said. Roman listens to why he's saying and he sits up watching her. She shakes her head.

"No," she said using his weight against pushing him off of her he grabs her arm pulling her to the other side of the mat, and she catches herself before falling and she brings her feet up to meet his abdomen. He stumbles back trying his best not to use force with her.

"When are you going to learn, if you can't tell the truth I can't either, and I won't," she said running and jumping on his waist backwards throwing him a few feet. He lands with a thud butt jumps back up grabbing her from the ground where she laid and lifting her over his shoulder.

"Just admit it Dara, save yourself the effort," he said.

She bites his shoulder. In a strange was it sends tingles through his body. He liked it. But he doesn't let go. Still holding her over his shoulder but she finally realizes he isn't letting go, she she jabs her thump into his side, and he jumps dropping her. She sweeps his leg, and he falls to the floor. She then climbs on top of him, and he lets her win, because he knows the truth.

"Awe Blake it's cute that you thought you could win," she said getting up. He sat up but didn't get up.

"Don't you get it, it wasn't about winning, this was about the challenge," he said. She turned to him.

"You're a sore looser you know that, you may be good at hiding the truth, but when it's right in your face, you can't seem to understand it, why is it hard for you to grasp, you tell the truth and I'll tell the truth, fear gives your enemies something to use against you," she said Paul stepped back. Blake stood up.

"You're right, it does, but you want to know what real killer use against you? People you care about people you love, they use those things against you too, truth is, I'm not scared of loosing you, I'm scared of you making a choice between me or you, I know the choice you'd make, I'm not stupid enough to let that happen," he said. She scoffed.

"What are you talking about no one is making me choose between me or you," she said.

"Not yet, Dara, but it may come, you've survived a bomb, and you are so fearless, and I know how you feel about me, you care about me as much as I care about you, and that will get you killed. Because if I was being exchanged for your life you'd choose to save me and kill yourself, and I can't let that happen, you want the truth, I'm not scared to tell you how I feel, I'm afraid it'll get you killed."