Chapter 18

Two days passed since Blake opened up in front of everyone. Roman hadn't flirted with Dara anymore. Ben kept himself out of the drama but he did tell Blake that was a stupid reason not to be with someone. And he told Dara that He knew she cared about him, but he tried to keep her from getting in to deep. It was not that they didn't care about each other, they were each other's fears. The loss would be great for both.

Paul was there for Dara, to keep her from loosing sense of who she was. Blake had a way with words. But it could be good or bad. And right now was bad. She felt so horrible. She barely slept, he told her a harsh truth. They couldn't be together, it was risky. They were running for their lives. And the bomber could have been anywhere. But he was in Miami now. Even if they didn't know that. And Dara wasn't herself. She was happiest when Blake was around. Dexter stayed close to Ty and Marissa. He knew Dara needed space. He was a genius. Ben walked in to Dara's room her door was barely shut.

"Dara, Look, I may not be the right person to talk to right now but I know Blake means well, after this over he will run to you open arms," he says. She looks around at him. Her eyes puffy from crying so much.

"Jeez, how long has it been since you've slept or eaten," he asked. She shrugged.

"I'd rather just stay away from everyone since it's crucial that I don't get close to anyone. Anyone of you can be used for trade," she said. And Ben sits down beside her.

"Look sweetheart, as a father to a 30 year old man, I can tell you this, if you love someone no matter who it is, there's always that fear, but if you man up, and have courage, you can find the strength to make it through that, we will always have to make tough decisions, make the choice for yourself," he said. He she nods.

"You know I care for him, a lot, but he has been a closed book, and with everything going, I'm sure he has a reason for keeping his distance," she said. He smiled. And he goes to the window.

He looks out and she sniffles. But his next move worries her. He drops his smile he glances harder at the front gate. He looks shocked at what he sees.

"No, no, no, Dara, stay put, I'm sending Paul in here, just stay put," he says rushing out the door closing it.

She walks to the window in confusion. Not realizing what he was upset about. But down below she could see three guards out front all laying face down in a pool of blood. She gasps putting her hands over her nose and mouth. And backs away tears streaming her eyes. Paul rushes in grabbing her from behind and she gets scared.

"Dara Dara it's me, it's Paul," he says. She calms down but turns to put her face in his chest. And cries. She's scared and doesn't know what to do.

"He's here Paul, he's inside the estate," she said. He shushes her. Rubbing her hair. Ty and Marissa run in with Dexter.

"Keep Dexter in here Paul, and Marissa, I'm going to help Ben look around," Ty said. Paul nods. Dexter comes to Dara and Paul embracing them in a hug.

"Paul, are we going to be okay," Dexter said. Dara backed away as Paul leaned down to him. Marissa stood with Dara.

"Listen Dexter, I promise I will let no one harm you, or your sister, I promise, and you know what, if he's inside the house, we will find him," he said nodding to him, he nodded looking around the room. The door was cracked open.

"Paul, Ty closed the door," Dexter said as he looked harder towards the door. There was no movement. But he seen something out of place. Over by the bed, a shiny metal round tin and it sounded like it was beeping.

"Paul, he was here," Dexter said pointing to the metal tube. His eyes widened. He stepped closer to it. The number on it showed .30. Seconds. It was a bomb.

"Open the window now," Paul said picking the bomb up carefully.

Dara opened the window and moved once the bomb reached seven seconds he pulled back, and threw it out of the window where it exploded in the air. He covered everyone with his body. The explosion caused some metal shrapnel to fly in threw the window and cut Paul's back and arm.

He stands up, looking around to make sure there weren't any other bombs. And luckily there wasn't. He looked at the rest of the group, they were fine but shaken up. Dara was still in shock though. She couldn't believe that the bomber planted yet another bomb by sneaking in.

"Listen we need to get downstairs, to the hidden safe, you can get in and wait, but we need to stick together, I'll go out first," he said. He kept Dexter behind him, then Marissa and then Dara. He grabs his gun and points it out. Blake is downstairs with Ben running from each post back inside. Ty is down by the front entrance. Paul leads them downstairs. Dexter doesn't see anything. Not any movement, or anything out of the ordinary.

They reached the lower level where Ben spotted them. He ran to Paul. His voice shaken.

"What are you doing down here I said stay with them in Dara's room," Ben said Blake joined along with Roman and Ty.

"The guy, he snuck in and planted a bomb when we turned away, we threw it out the window but he could try it again I'm taking them to the vault safe," Paul said. Ben nods.

"That's a good idea, we have been searching but this guy is good," Ty said. Paul nods.

"Guys," Dexter said. Looking to the west wing pillar. He could see someone moving. And it looked as through he could see him looking. So he knew ye could see him.

"Guys, he's in the west wing," Dexter said. Paul and Ty aim there gun to the west wing. They couldn't see him. Just Dexter.

"Dexter buddy we cant see him," Paul said. Blake looked at Paul and Dara.

"I have an idea, but I need to get to my computer," he said. Ben nods pulling out his pistol, giving it to his son and then Ben pulls his own pistol out and covers his son.

"Blake," Dara said. He didn't look at her. But he paused and then continued. Right to not let him know they care about each other.

"Okay on my signal, run through the east wing corridor, Dexter buddy is he still there," Paul asked. Dexter tells him he is yes moving closer through.

"Okay, if whatever is going on with Blake, works maybe we will be able to see him, but for now Ty cover us the best you can," Paul said. He nods with his gun out in front of him.

"Alright go," he said as they all Run for the east corridor. They make it past the den and into the back office. Roman stays with Ty. Gun out ready to shoot someone.

They make it to the vault. Paul types the code and turns the large ship wheel handle. It clicks and he opens it. There's weapons of every kind locked behind glass doors. Paul grabs Dara's arm.

"Dara if I don't make it through this one, I want you to know one thing, first the code for any of these are 5535 and second you know me, you were little but Jack, Jack was my baby brother, I'm your uncle, and I love you kid."