Chapter 19

He runs out leaving Dara with the news. She knew him and she felt like she did. That made her want to fight even more. She wasn't scared now, because a part of her father had been with her the entire time. Paul was her uncle and Dexters. She finds a loaded taser gun and a hand gun it was a 15 round automatic, she enters the code and grabs both. She sticks the taser gun in her waist belt, and covers it. And takes the handgun and cocks it back.

"D, what are you doing," Dexter asked her.

"Dex, I love you buddy, and I know that if anything ever happened to me Ty and Marissa would take good care of you, so I have to do this, I don't know why but I feel like this is because of mom and dad, and I have to do this for them," she said wrapping him in a hug. Marissa hugs her too.

"Good luck Dara," she said. Dara grabs a gun out and hands it to Marissa.

"Protect him," she says. Marissa nods pushing Dexter looks at her from behind. And nods. She opens the vault closing it back once she's out.

She places the gun in front of her. And she hears gun shots. She races to the middle corridor to see Roman has been shot and Ty is bent checking his pulse. He's alive but barely. So she rushes to stand beside of Ty when Paul notices. He doesn't look happy. He looks pissed at her. He should have known she'd get out.

"What are you doing," he asked. She shook her head.

"Don't worry uncle, it's going to end, and I want to see it happen, but first I know this is about my parents, so give me the quick version," she said. He sighed.

"Your dad took a case when you were fifteen, he lost the case, the client went to jail, for five years, so the client vowed when he got out he's kill your dad and his family. He succeeded in killing your mom and dad, but he failed with you and Dexter, I'm guessing he's back to finish what he started, he waited until he was smart enough and equipped to kill you both but he sent a lackey to do it," he said.

"So the real killer is still out there," she asked. He nods.

"Well this bomber has tried to kill me twice and I'm tired of sitting around like a scared teenager. I'm twenty five and a good fighter, so as long as I'm able, I want to fight," she said. He sighed.

"Just like your father," he said. She grinned.

"Let's kick some Bomber butt," she said. He rolled his eyes.

He led the way with her behind him. Ty was still keeping Roman alive. He had been shot in the side. Ben and Blake ran out of the office with Blake's laptop. They noticed and Blake's eyes went wide.

"What is she doing, she should be with Dexter and Marissa," he said. She scoffs.

"Yeah hiding like a scared little girl when he's after me and Dex, sure, no, this ends today," she said.

He shrugs her off looking at the corridor ahead and hits a button. The lights are black, but there isn't any lights anywhere. Which meant the bomber was still keeping his camouflage, so if the lights had went off and he actually had a white lighted suit it would have lit up but this meant his suit was tapped into the light system but he had to stay near the walls to be able to keep the color.

"Stay away from the walls, he has to be next to walls he has to be next to walls," Dara says. Paul slips behind her in order to keep someone from grabbing her from behind while Ty was in front of her and Blake and Ben on either side.

"Turn the lights back on," Dara says. Blake fumbles with his computer and turns the lights back on. She catches a glimpse of something moving next the the wall in front of her.

She brings her taser gun in front of her, pushing the button and hitting what moved. A grunt sounds while lights start shortening out, and a body falls limp. A gun falls out of his hand. It looks like it was rigged to be camouflaged too. But they all look at Her.

"Guys it's not hard science, technology can be shorted out my a large charge, since the taser gun has a very high magnitude or electricity I shorted the circuits and also used enough power to knock him out," she said. Blake looked at Ben.

"She's smart," Ben said. Blake nods and looks at Dara.

"We should probably get Roman to a doctor," Blake says. She nods. Ty moves aside so that Dara can check his pulse. It's still there. But he lost a lot of blood.

"Guys the bomber, he's out cold, we should call the authorities," Paul said as he turns him over. But when he does, Dara's eyes widen so does Paul's.

"That's the guy that was asking all of those questions," Paul said. Dara walks closer to him.

"The Game light guy, he was trying to see if we knew anything," Dara said. Blake joined them.

"He works in the invention wing, on the fourth floor, that's Lance, he was always so nice," he said. Dara looked at Blake.

"When he's not bombing people," she said. He nods.

"Yeah that, anyway listen we need to talk after we get this cleaned up," he said. She nods.

The authorities come to the mansion to take him Lance to prison. And the ambulance comes to get Roman. He had to have blood transfusion but he would be fine. And lance would be second twenty years in prison for attempted murder twice. And for planting bombs. Which was good.

As for Blake, he wanted to keep his promise and talk to Dara. And Dara was okay with that. She wanted to talk to him about what he said. And it was time they talked.

He led Dara to his room. And stood by the window. Watching the coroners bag the guards. And he took a breath.

"Dara I know I messed up and I'm sorry I should've told you when I had the chance to, but I was afraid of what would happen if he found out and I didn't want you risking your life to save mine, I told you I cared about you and I do, I really do," he turns to Dara she's listening to him with tenderness.

"But I didn't tell you the complete truth, Dara I fell for you, and I don't know how, but I did, and that's why it hurts me to say this," he says. She gets ready for what ever it is.

"I'm staying in Florida with my father, I think it's best," he says. She scoffs at him.

"Wow, you're a bigger coward than I thought, we need to talk but you do all the talking. You fall for me but you don't want to be with me it's hot and cold with you," she says. He walks toward her. She backs away.

"No, no more games Blake, I'm done, if you want to run away in fear, fine go ahead but I refuse to live my life in fear than to miss out on the chance to live my life with someone I love," she said turning to walk away.

"Dara, wait," he said, she turns to him.

"What, are you going to rub lemons on the burn," she said. He grins.

"Actually you didn't let me finish," he said. She crosses her arms.

"I was going to say I'm staying in Florida, but I want you to stay here with me."