Chapter 8

Those words cut through her like a knife. Her, she understood, not really, but Dexter? Who wanted A 12 year old kid dead!? She didn't understand why someone would want them dead. They had not done anything to anyone. Ty looked at Blake and couldn't believe Dexter had over heard him. Dara looked at all of them.

"Is that true? We were targeted?" She asked.

Blake stepped closer to her.

"It's true, but we are going to keep you safe I promise you that, no one will be able to get to you with me and my team," he said. She glared at him. He gets the message.

"So instead of telling me that my life may be in danger by working here, you just threw me and Dexter both in and said 'hey we can protect you if someone tries to hurt you and more than less they will."'

"No no, this isn't because of the company Dara, this company has nothing to do with why you were targeted," Ty said before Blake cut him off.

"What yes trying to say is, we don't know why you were targeted but our company is very protected company we have top notch security and we've never threatened anyone nor made anyone want to kill any of us. We think you were targeted as a solo," he said. But she knew he was hiding.

"Mhm, well as fun as this has been, I think Dexter and I need to go home now, it's been a very strange night so Ty can you please take us home," she says in hooking herself. Blake looks back at Ty and shakes his head.

"I'm sorry Dara but it seems as though you can't go home, you're a target now so you'll need to stay with someone and the best place is to stay with Blake for a while," he said. She scoffs.

"You're joking right? First I'm thrown into a job that I did love just to find out that working here put a target on my back and my brothers and you want me to stay with the man who pulled me into the lions den?" She said. Blake blew air.

"Look I didn't know you would be a target just because you worked here we have no enemies whatever is happening it's not us, it's you and Dexter. And you're not safe so like it or not you have to be protected and I promised I would keep you safe," he said Marissa looked at Blake. And Dara caught what he said.

"You promised who? What do you know that you're not telling me," she said. He placed his fingers on his head and rubbed his temple.

"Look, stay with me or not, you need to go somewhere to stay safe, you can't go home. And Ty and Paul usually stay with me, so it's either me or at the police station," he said. Dexter tapped his sisters shoulder.

"I think we should go with him, I'm scared D and he can protect us plus Ty and Paul will be there and Mike, we need help sis," he said pleading with her. And she noticed the fear in her eyes that he kept hidden inside.

"Fine, but if my brother gets hurt in your care, I will come for you, all of you, excluding Marissa," she said. Marissa grins sorrowfully.

"So, can we go get clothes or is that not optional," Dara asks. Ty shakes his head.

"No, we can have some things sent over tonight, Marissa and I will go grab some things from the nearest clothing store for both of you," Ty said. She sighed.

"How long," she asked.

"A few weeks, maybe months, we don't exactly know how long it will take to catch this guy and until we do, home isn't an option," Ty said. Blake excuses himself.

"What's his deal, he's hiding something," she spoke. Ty doesn't say anything.

"He's just worried about you and Dexter you have become family to all of us, and we just don't want anyone getting hurt," he said. Marissa agrees but Paul looks unsure.

"Blake will eventually come around," Paul said. Ty looked around to all of them and Blake who was in the hall. He was on the phone. And no one could hear his conversation.

"Yes dad, they tried to blow her and her brother up," he said. Blake's dad grunted on the phone.

"Son, maybe you'd better bring them here, if they do this again it might be the last time anyone sees them, you might not get lucky," Ben said to his son. He ran his fingers through his slick back hair messing it up.

"Look dad I can protect her but I promise if they try anything we will send fly you in, for now, she can lay low with me," he said. Ben scuffed.

"Son, he won't stop until the Keegan line is dead, any trace of evidence that was left, he will find it and destroy it, he means business," Ben said. Blake took a deep breath.

"I know, which is why I can't let her know just yet what's going on, the less she knows the better," Blake said as his dad hung up the phone. Paul stepped out beside of Blake.

"Pops ain't happy is he?" He asked. Blake shakes his head.

"He thinks we should fly her to him, to be better protected, if they try this stunt again I may have to take him up on his offer," Blake said looking at Dara who was looking at him. Trying to figure out what he was hiding from her.

"Blake, I know you care about her safety, and Dexters, I get that, but if they try it again they may succeed next time, maybe sending them to Ben isn't a bad idea," Paul said. Blake shook his head.

"No she stays with me for now, you and Ty are the best in the business and you're family to me, I know you barely speak, but I feel like you can better protect Dara, Dexter is perfectly fine with Ty but she needs to trust someone and right now me and Ty are out of the game but more me than Ty, you on the other hand, she doesn't hear from you hardly at all, so you need to get close to her so she will trust you, protect her with your life," Blake said.

"I will Blake you know how close we all were I'll do this for Ben and for Jack, but you must never tell her the truth about Jack and me, it'll crush her," Paul said.

"I know, you're secret is safe with me."

Company secrets( Book one)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara