Chapter 7

It had been 2 weeks since she started at the firm. Ty and Marissa had been on four dates. 2 on Saturday and 2 after work. They had loved each other's company. And she held her bargain while taking Dexter with her and Ty while Dara worked overtime. She trusted them and Paul. And she trusted Blake too. They had been spending a lot of time together. He kept a close eye on her. And he loved that she dedicated herself to her work. She didn't ask for any money off her check, and she was always straight forward.

Blake had been monitoring things, with her and Dexter. Making sure they were safe. Not letting her know he was watching them. They didn't need to know anything unless something happened first. And even then, he didn't want to tell them. And he had every right not too but at the same time keeping secrets was not good for anyone.

Ty and Marissa had made it official they were dating which made Blake and Dara happy. Because both deserved happiness. Dara was putting in overtime today and it was already five o clock. She had worked an hour over. And was putting in longer because of some paperwork that came in. So she was going to be here for a minute.

Seven o clock rolled around and it was getting darker outside. Blake puts his pen down and rubs his eyes.

"Maybe you and Dexter should go home for tonight, enjoy the weekend," he said. She sighs.

"If that's what you want boss, but if I need to come in tomorrow I will," she said. He shakes his head.

"No tomorrow you take a break you have put in overtime so much this week you deserve it," he said. She nods. And he escorts her out into the waiting area where Dexter was waiting with Ty and Marissa.

"Alright little man, you and Dara go home and rest up, Monday morning comes very quickly," he said.

Ty escorts them both out to the side parking area.

Dara runs to the car seeing something unusual on the wheel. It's blinking. And her heart stops in her chest. Ty heard it, and yelled out for Marissa but it was to late, she had already seen it. And by the time she turned to run back, a loud explosion rang out and it threw Dara on the ground. Luckily she didn't catch on fire but it knocked her out.

Ty runs to grab her while shoving Dexter into Marissa. Blake runs out of the elevator yelling for Dara.

"DARA, DARA WAKE UP," Ty yells to her holding her body in his arms. Dexter is crying for his sister.

"We have to get her to the lab, there are doctors there to help her," Marissa speaks. Ty nods picking her up. Blake runs to Marisa and Dexter.

"Go with him Marissa, Dexter you need to come with me, she's alive but she's been knocked out, so I need you to be a strong man okay," he says to Dexter. Marissa joins Ty and Dexter grabs Blake's hand and he leads him inside. Paul is standing in the door with the door open.

"Paul take Dexter to the lab waiting area, and keep an eye on him I'll call the fire department and bomb squad to make sure no more was planted," Blake said.

"Okay sir come one Dexter, you'll be safe with me," he said. He grabs his hands and leads him to the elevator and to the fifth floor. Where his sister was in the lab being looked at by the doctors in the lab. She was still unconscious. They began hooking her up to an Iv. To run fluids through her.

They ran a cat scan and MRI on her before she woke up. Her brain wasn't bleeding but she had a bruise on her head in the back where she bumped her head. No cracks were shown. She was tough. Ty can out with Dexter.

"She is going to be okay, the doctor says she will come around in a little bit it just hit the exact spot to knock her out for a little bit, but she should wake up soon, Paul, we need video footage, someone planted that bomb and it was intended for the Keegan's," Ty said. Dexter overheard him and his eyes widen.

"It's not going to be safe, she will need to relocate if this is happening all over," Paul said. Ty nods. Marissa walks out and Ty hugs her.

"It'll be okay, she will come around, does anyone know where Blake went," Ty asked. Blake comes around the corner at that exact moment and holds his phone up.

"I called the fire department and bomb squad, they are searching the premises now, they couldn't get into the elevator, so they had to have taken the stairs," he said. One of the bomb squad members came to the lab to speak with Blake.

"We have reason to believe it was only the car, we don't detect anymore bombs on the premises, we've reasoned with the fire, so there will o Lu be smoke for a while, I suggest if you have video surveillance to look at it, maybe there's something there oh and the two kids, probably shouldn't go home tonight just in case, we can go out and check it out, make sure there isn't any bombs planted in their house but they will need a safe place to stay for a while," the man says.

"They can stay with me at my place, they'll be safe there thank you," Blake said. The man leaves. He relays the message to Paul and Ty.

"So what do we tell her," Paul asked.

"DEXTER," Dara screams. Dexter hears her and gets up running inside. Ty and Blake follow. Dara is awake and she's setting up on the bed.

"Dexter, are you okay," she asks. Dexter nods.

"I'm fine D, you were thrown in the air. I heard the bomb squad tell Blake it was planted for us, someone was trying to kill us sis, they want us dead."