Chapter 10

She knew that meant he was giving her room to breath. And if he wasn't home, he was away. Marissa caught her expression. She looked at Ty. Ty tilted his head for Marissa to say something. Dexter was not paying attention.

"We know this is strange and new, but we also know, he will be back in his seat in no time, he does this sometimes, you'll be great," she said taking Dara's hand. She grinned. Paul nodded at her.

"Okay let's get ready to go then, Paul is it okay that I ride with Marissa?" Dara asks. He nods.

"I can follow," he said. Marissa kisses Ty and everyone heads out.

In the car Marissa noticed Dara was down. So she decides to make her feel better. Maybe try and get her to smile or laugh. She hated seeing Dara so down. And Dara was a good friend. She got her and Ty together.

"Look Dara, I know this isn't your normal day, but now you're the boss so you can give orders, and be a dictator to everyone today," she said. Dara laughed.

"I don't want to be dictator I want to be an assistant but if he wants to run away from his problems then that's fine, I'll just do my best to hold down the fort," she said. Three days was not enough time to forget what happened to her. But she was ready to take on the task with a strong mind.

"Okay we are here," Marissa said pulling beside of the spot where the car had exploded the rubble was still there but with caution tape surrounding it. Dara looked at it and a flashback came to her. The flash back was when she turned around and the bomb went off.

"Dara are you okay," Marissa asked.

"Yes, I am okay," she said getting out. The smell of smoke still lingered in the air.

Both of them walked inside the building with Paul following. But before Paul entered he seen a glimpse of something under the debris. It was shiny. And he could see just a tad bit of it. He walks over to it and it looks like it was placed there. He places his hand on it pulling it out to reveal what looks like sunglasses. And he didn't remember anyone wearing glasses. He flips them over to reveal a message.

'I see you.' Written on the inside.

Paul takes the sunglasses and places them in the pocket of his jacket. And he walks inside the building looking around before he walks inside. He reaches the elevator and makes a stop at the lab. The scientists all stop what they are doing to see him coming in.

"Listen up, I need everyone here to listen carefully, I need a a finger print kit, a DNA swab and tester, and I need them fast, if you have one let me use it quickly," he says. A few people step up to bat.

He begins by checking for prints. There were none. The bomber wore gloves. Thick ones. Then he checks for DNA. and runs the swab through the tester. But there is none. These were new, and the bomber took time to place them in the rubble and was meant for Dara.

"Alright thank you all."

He reaches the tenth floor where Dara and Marissa were working. Marissa wandered where he had went, but she didn't ask. She figured he was close by. Dara was making sure all the paperwork was right and sent out placing everything in the right folders and looking over documents.

"Hey Marissa, this is unusual," Dara stopped in front of her at her desk. Marissa tilts her head to see what she's looking at.

"Did we get a new client last week?" Dara asked.

"No, I don't think so why?" Marissa said.

"Well there's a new file printed, and it looks like they signed off over a hundred new copper lines, the ones that you can use for landlines and other telecommunications, and out signature is on it," Dara said. Marissa stood up. Paul paused mid glance.

"So someone bought a hundred copper lines, and forged our names," Marissa asked. It goes through three people. The CEO the CEO second which is Dara and the secretary who was Marissa.

"Wait a second, does it say whose name was on the order," Paul asked. Dara shakes her head.

"John Doe, they came anonymously, who would need over a hundred copper lines and wouldn't want to be heard or seen getting them?" Dara asked.

"Has anyone heard back from the lab about the bomb that was set, do they know what kind of bomb it was?" Dara asked. Paul calls the lab. And gets someone on the phone.

"Yeah okay," Ge says coming back over.

"Well ladies the bomb would use copper but not that much it was a p2310 copper strip corrosion strip bomb but in compact form. It was set to detonate at a certain time, she didn't get there in time," Paul said. Marissa looked at Dara.

"Wait the one who forged our names, is the one who set the bomb off?" Marissa asked. Dara's eyes widened.

"The person that did it would have to have access to these files, this paperwork. No one hear has access to this paperwork but me Marissa and Blake," Dara said. Paul nods.

"Which means the person we are looking for works here and has snuck in and forged your names, I'll call the inventory lab see if they have any missing copper that wasn't accounted for," Paul said walking away from the desk. Marissa looked at Dara with a serious but worried look.

"Anyone in this building can hack into the files, everyone is smart enough to do it but whoever works here, wants you dead, so work may not be as safe as we think," Marissa said. Dara nods.

"I know," Dara says. Paul comes back.

"So they have over a hundred lines missing. They aren't big but they are all in one place, someone signed their name to the sign off, but the only one who can actually get access to the inventory is anyone in the lab or the CEO anyone else needs an access code," Paul said.

"Which means," Marissa says.

"Fine the one working late that night, find the bomber," he says.

"Wait, that's it, all the doctors were working, even some of the lab technicians, if anyone had access it's them," Dara said. Marissa nods.

"We need the log for everyone who accessed the inventory room, and we need it fast," Paul said. Marissa nods and goes to her computer. Logging in to her security cameras. She scrolls though the logs for the first few days of the week.

"If that was the kind of bomb it was and was wired to a timer, it would take at least two days to make it, someone was busy but more than likely they clocked in and then left before clocking out. A few days prior, which leaves us at ten suspects who worked late a couple nights prior to," she said.

"Awesome job," Paul said. She scrolled through the names but none of those people were seen leaving early. The cameras would see them. And she knew them all.

"So wait, if none of these were seen leaving late, doesn't that mean-"

"The bomber has been staying here, without clocking in using someone else's badge."