CHAPTER THIRTEEN

I think it's evening, or night. I'm not quite sure since I went back to my room in the afternoon. Since I thought of myself I had trained enough for the day.

Warner isn't here, so I'm all alone. After he was having a conversation with Adam, he left to have a meeting with Delalieu and some other people. Ever since, I haven't seen him. I think it was a meeting about us leaving in three days. We need to know who were taking with us, and how we are taking them. We also need a ship that's big enough that can transport enough people to Europe. A task that shouldn't be that hard since we are on an army base. But the other thing is, Kenji has to be able to make the ship invisible when necessary. Warner thinks that that is one of the biggest problems, I don't agree with him. I think Kenji can make anything, any ship, any person, any object invisible, as long as he tries.

Warner is just stressed, I think. I can't blame him, that's for sure. But I can't bear to see him like this. He is so stressed and nervous and I never seen him like this. Okay, Europe is a big country, but his stress  and nervousness is killing both me and him.

Getting interrupted from my train of thought, the door swings open with a soft screech, making me look over immediately.

In the faint light that peeks through the window, I can see Warners silhouette.

Thank god he's back!

He makes his way through the room towards his study. He opens the door, goes inside, and closes it again.

I throw the blankets silently away from my body. I swing both my legs over the edge of my bed and pull the rest of my torso up from the mattress. I settle both my feet on the ground and step out of the bed.

I carefully walk towards the door of his office, aware to not make a single sound. As I stand in front of the door, I reach out for the doorknob and gently push it down to open the door.

Warners office is shrouded in a dim light. I leave the door open as I step inside. As soon as Warner comes into my eye sight, I smile, just because I love him so much.

He is seated behind his desk. I cough a very small cough and he looks up, his green eyes finding me across the room. A smile that reaches till his eyes lingers allures me. I step forward, walking towards his desk. And I walk around the desk and go stand in front of him.

"Hey sweetheart." He whispers as he takes my pulse and pulls me onto his lap.

"Hey Aaron." I smile and whisper back as I takes his face in my two hands.

"Why are you up?" He whispers in my ear as he pulls me into a hug.

"I was waiting for you." I whisper back as I nest myself against his chest.

"Did you now? Well to be honest, I was waiting till I was finally back with my love. I really missed you the rest of today. But aren't you tired?"

"I missed you too. And I'm never tired when I'm with you." I take a hold of his left hand and press a gentle kiss on the jade ring on his pinkie finger.

"God I love you so much." He whispers in my ear.

"I love you too, more than you will ever know. But how late is it?"

"Two thirty in the morning." He says as he starts kissing me in my neck.

A moan builds itself up in my throat. "Aaron." I whisper.

"Yes love?" He asks softly, never interrupting his trail of kisses.

I don't answer, I shift on his lap so I'm able to place my lips on his and kiss him with a passion that has build itself up in my heart and chest.

He kisses me back, and his hands slip under my top. He skims my body with his hands, igniting every inch where his hands travel.

"Juliette." He murmurs against my lips.

"I love you." I whisper back.

He stands up from his chair, lifting me up together with him. I wrap my arms around his neck and my legs around his hips, our lips never parting.

He dims the light in his office, shrouding us in a cloth of darkness. But Warner does not seem disoriented and he easily works his way out of his office and into the bedroom.

He places me down on the bed and pulls my pants down together with my underwear and tosses it somewhere in the room. He does the same for my top.

I open his shirt and pull it away from his body. My hands skim his torso as I look into his green and loving gaze.

"Juliette." He breathes

"Aaron." I whisper as a response.

"I love you." I whisper and pull him to me, kissing him lovingly on the lips.