CHAPTER NINETEEN

I wake up in a daze, eyes opening in confusion. I'd been peacefully asleep but something managed to wake me up, not that it is that hard, I'm a light sleeper but still. wondering whatever it could've been that woke me up. I tilt my head up and scan around the room to see everything is still dark. I pull myself up from the mattress, moving a strand of hair out of the way as my blanket slides partly of my body and the chilly air bites in my body. and as I see Warner is still lying next to me, I figure it must be still night.

He is lying there so peacefully, breathing steadily and his hair a slight mess. His body is turn towards me and his arms spread out over the mattress as if he was holding me at some point at night. I can't help the smile that creeps up my face. I know Warner is a light sleeper too, so I manage to creep out of bed as silent as possible.

I pull the covers off of my body and slide from the bed, feet touching the carpeted floor and I push myself to stand on my legs.

I look around the room again, hearing that faint sound that had woken me up earlier again. It's a knock, I now realise. But because of the steel doors I barely heard it.

I tiptoe my way over to the small table and take the keys that are lying on top of it, I then head to the door and put the right one in the lock. I turn it until I hear the familiar click, I take the door knob and pull it open to a slight crack, peering into the dark hallway.

"Psst." Someone says and I look up in Kenji's grinning face.

"What are you doing here?" I ask heading into the hallway as I pull the door closed behind me.

"We're going to go training." He starts, "Yesterday you nearly gave me a heart attack."

I give him a confused look but he interrupts me as I'm about to say something.

"It's six o'clock, we only need to be up at eight to get breakfast and we don't have practice till nine.—" he stops, looks down both sides of the hallway before continuing. "You need it, you've been under so many stress these two couple of years with fighting and stuff... I get it, you're supreme commander and you're doing a great job with the people, but you need to be able to fight whilst controlling your stress." He sighs. "I think seeing those birds gave you some kind of stress reaction... So I'm taking it upon myself to help you out with it."

I smile at him. "Thank you Kenji, but—"

"I won't take no for an answer ." He interrupts me again.

I smile again . "Okay," I start, "but let me first put some different clothes on and I'll leave a note for Warner. See you in five minutes." And with those words I head into the bedroom again.

I lean against the door and make a quick mental note of everything I need to do.

First of all, I need to get some clothes.

I push myself away from the door and head over to the opposite wall. I push the small button, making the panels diverge, showing me Warners wonderful collection of clothes.

I head inside and take a pair of my simple black joggers, a matching zipper hoody, a fresh set of underwear and a simple grey t-shirt. I take my white tennis shoes and head out of the closet, pushing the button and making the panels close again.

I head over to the bathroom, open the door and slip inside. I'm quick to slip out of my pyjamas and into my fresh clothes, I tie my shoes to my feet and pull my hair into a quick ponytail. My eyes scan the bathroom to see if I'm forgetting something, as my eyes fall on the sink I decide a quick brush of my teeth won't do any harm.

I take out a brush and squirt some tooth paste on it, I start brushing my teeth with a cleaning and quick efficiency.

As my mouth tingles with the taste of mint, I put the brush away and rinse my mouth with a little bit of water.

I dim the lights and head back into the bedroom, a quick glance at Warner reminds me to write a note for him.

My feet make no noise at all as I head over to his office. I open the door, head inside and go straight for his desk. I settle myself down into his chair, take out a pen and a piece of paper and write down a quick note.

Aaron,

I'm out with Kenji training in your training quarters. I'll see you at breakfast.

Yours always, Juliette

I place the note on his desk and head out of his office again. I head for the door that leads to the hallway and hand reaches for the door knob when a shifting Warner brings me to a halt.

My head turns and my eyes look at him to see him turning to his side in the bed.

A sigh of relief leaves my mouth as I open the door and deftly slip into the hallway. There Kenji greets me with his typical grin.

"That were seven minutes." He says, tapping his wrist when he isn't even wearing a watch.

"Ha. Ha." I smile.

" I'm guessing we can't quickly slip through you guys' room and go through the training quarters from there."

"No," I tell him, "I don't want to wake him."

"Fair enough." He says as he pushes himself off from the wall and waits for me to follow and together we start walking. "Let's go then."

And with that we head out to the training quarters.

________________________

Hey everyone, this is officially the first new chapter! I will really try to continue with this story and don't mind to correct me if you see faults anywhere in the story!

Love you all!

XX Cat