CHAPTER FIFTEEN

I carefully approach Kenji's bed, trying to not make a sound. "You go past the other side." I say to James and he deftly does as I ask.

"Adam, go stand at the end of the bed." I whisper and he also does as I command.

When we are all in places, I shoot a glance at both James and Adam, mouthing the word "tickle". James nods enthusiastically as Adam grins a little.

"I'll count to three." I say after a while and everyone is silent.

"One... Two... Three... GO!" I scream at the end and we all start tickling Kenji.

"Wakey waky, sunshine! It's time to get up and out of bed!" I yell as Kenji jumps up from the bed.

"Juliette, what the fuck?!" He screams as he falls onto the floor.

"Good morning sunshine." I whisper as I bend over to him."Did you sleep well?" I continue, smiling a bright and taunting smile.

"Juliette... Normally I would be kicking back and joking around but seriously... Why do you wake me at," he looks at the watch on his left wrist,"freaking five thirty on the morning! Like, don't you know that I'm married to my bed?" He exclaims, way to serious to be Kenji.

"I thought you were married to your food?" I say sheepishly, grinning only for the slightest bit.

"Juliette... Let me tell you a little quote and life story of mine, I have one night stands with food, because after I eat them, I will never ever see them again. So that makes them a, damn good, one night stand. My bed for an example, she is my loyal wife, after a long day of working, my bed is there for me. Awaiting me with warmth and blankets, embracing me with the most loving and tender hugs. And you just rip me away from her, separating two lovers who are so desperately in love with each other. How does that make you feel?"

I laugh a hard carefree laugh, here he is again. The Kenji we all know, love and care for.

"I'm serious Juliette, how does that make you feel." He says, but the ghost of a smile is lying on his face.

I laugh once again, but this time I actually do answer him. "I don't know, I actually didn't even knew you had such a passionate and deep going relationship with your bed."

"Gosh Juliette, I'm sorry I always forget to introduce you to here and the same way around. So yeah, this is the love of my life." He says, stroking the mattress of his bed."She is a real sweetheart. And, my sweet little bed, this is Juliette. But you don't have to be jealous, she is just my best friend."

I giggle at the sight of him stroking the bed, then James his voice wakes me up from my revulsion.

"Juliette, quickly, before they fly away." He says, pointing to the window.

"Om my goodness, indeed how could I forget! Kenji you have to see this!" I say enthusiastically again as I pull him up from the ground.

"Whoa, J! Take it easy, I still need that arm!" Kenji exclaims.

"Sorry." I murmur sheepishly as I pull him towards the window and loosen my grip around his arm a little bit more.

As soon as we're standing in front of the window, I point outside, to were the birds are still silently sitting on the roof. It almost makes me wonder if they in fact are real. I might ask Warner later to make sure, he might know something about it.

"Look, on the roof, it are birds." I whisper, just as astonished as when I first saw them this morning.

Kenji looks, squinting his eyes a little. But when he finally sees them he looks just as surprised and dumbstruck as Adam and James not ten minutes earlier.

"Well oh my god. I'll be damned." He whispers, gazing deeply at the birds. All the humor from earlier gone.