-A little less lonely.

I am drowning

I am drowning.

This relentless feeling of consumption over-powers my senses and envelopes me in a darkness I can not escape.
It's as if I'm being dragged under. Not water, but this absence of light that is so powerful that it wrenches one from society and forces them into a solitary life.

That all to familiar feeling is loneliness.

Even if I might have been surrounded by people who loved back home, Italy is a different story.

Despite having grown up now, Santi and I had spent every moment possible together. Whether it was bullying Emilio and Lucas or causing mayhem for the guards, he was always there.

I miss him.

I miss the boys.

There's something so simplistic and appealing about the art of falling, so people let go. I might have grown up with the love of the boys and my mother, but I never felt truly happy. I would detach myself from them sometimes as I had this constant reminder in my head that the clock was ticking and that soon enough one of two things would happen.

They would leave.

Or.

They would be taken from me.

My mother was in Madrid meeting with her friends in a hotel when a fire started in the lobby. The staff couldn't put it out quick enough and the hotel burned to ashes, my mother along with it. Charred bodies littered the ground but they never found hers, presuming it had been disintegrated by the flames.

My father was very possessive when it came to my mother but not in a romantic way. He saw her as an object, a pawn for him to use. She was forced to marry him, similar to myself. They never loved each other. They couldn't. My father was my father, nobody could love that.

I like to think my mother loved the four of us. She presented a loving maternal figure for show around other mafia's but when we were alone she tended to ignore us. I didn't blame her though.

How are you supposed to love the children of the man you hate?

|~|~|~|~|~|

I pulled out my phone after I heard it buzz.

The boyz 🥶🥶😮‍💨💪💪

Man boobs: you still alive Mara?

Me: unfortunately.