TWO: Who's the new comer?!, Best antique hall ever! & First night in new home!

[TWO]

(Time 5pm "Dash & Dine" Diner) (Long Chapter)

Dr. Sarah Evans Pearce's (POV)

As I pull into Dasha's diner to pick up Margaret and I's usual Thursday night pasta dinner, I notice a tiny girl walking down the sidewalk by herself. I frown, wondering if she's old enough to be alone, but ultimately I decide the town is safe and she seems to be heading into a store, so I shrug and figure perhaps her parents are inside.

Putting it out of my mind, I make my way into the diner and straight to the counter, where I watch Kristal doing her rounds. As soon as she notices me though, she immediately comes over.

"How's the afternoon going, old girl?" I ask her cheekily.

She growls playfully and smacks my arm as she walks past me to head behind the counter, where she leans on her arms to chat.

"Who you calling old girl, old heifer!" I chuckle at her normal banter before she continues. "It's been good, busy as usual, what about you?"

"Good also. There haven't been many emergencies around the town lately, so I've just been busy with the normal check ups really. There hasn't even been a stomach bug for me to treat!"

Kristal chuckles, before leaning forward and I know she has something with a little more substance to tell me.

"Did you hear the woman who bought old man Jefferies land and built that house just moved in today, finally?"

Arching my right brow, I smile before responding. "No, I did not. It seems you got in first. I'm surprised I haven't heard yet, given it's so late. I would've thought it would be all over town by now."

"Yeah she was just in here. Had herself the mushroom swiss and fries. She sure is a tiny thing for a grown woman."

My eyes grow big when I realize who she's referring to. "Are you telling me that tiny girl I saw leaving as I arrived is actually a full-grown adult?"

"Yup," she confirms with a chuckle. "I'm surprised she finished her food with everyone staring at her. The little thing just smiled at everyone and was so polite. I couldn't be sure if they were staring because she's new to town, or just because they were amazed at her size. Little legs were swinging, not touching the floor!"

I shake my head at Kristal's description, but I smile fondly at her also. "Well I've met my fair share of tiny women. You know Margaret's goddaughter Olivia and her wife Grace have their little Erina. I'm not sure if you know, but she's twenty-three. Though you would still think she was nine or ten years old."

"Ooh, I love when they visit! And she's so cute, oh and Callie and Deedra with their little, what's her name again?"

"Her name's Alcina. The three of them actually formed a marriage together, like a binding of three instead of two."

"These days anything is possible," she says with a smile. "Though we still have hateful people, we move forward and love ourselves."

I smile again at my friend as I'm reminded how much I love this town. Everyone is so welcoming and accepting of everyone else. As long as you don't have bad intentions towards anyone, you're considered a friend. It really is special.

Taking a quick look at the time, I realize it's getting late and Margaret will be expecting me. "Is our order ready?"

"Should be, let me check."

I smile and nod as she heads back into the kitchen. As I wait I spot a few of my patients, giving each of them a smile that they return, some nodding and some saying goodnight as they leave. But all too soon a bag of delicious smelling food being placed in front of me draws my attention.