FIVE: In Awe! New Painting's?! & A Hectic Day?!

[FIVE]

(Time 4:14 p.m. Town, Still Saturday)

Aubrey Barrett's (POV)

I think I just saw a goddess!

I mean, I got all flustered and tongue tied and she...wow...she was just gorgeous! And then I just let her leave the craft shop like a dumbass.

I did spot her by her truck and even felt her following me with her eyes, but I was too nervous to stop and talk with her again.

"Bird you idiot!" I scold myself, while hitting my head on the steering wheel. Yes, I moved here to start over, not to start looking for a partner or mommy, but wow. If you saw her, you would be in shock too!

I feel goosebumps all over as I drive home and as soon as I get there I back into my garage and rush inside. I need to call Amelia and spill my feelings to both her and Gabby.

As soon as I'm through the door I pull my boots off, leaving them near the garage and hop up the stairs to my room. In no time I'm showered, clean and dressed in my light yellow silk pajamas with warm fuzzy yellow socks with my hair in a messy bun.

Once done I grab my things and head back to the kitchen, planning to do some sketches while I eat, but first I set my phone on its stand and facetime Amelia and Gabby. While the phone rings, I look around inside the fridge for something to cook.

I'm getting a little frustrated at the fact nothing in my fridge looks appetizing, but squeals and giggles from my phone interrupt my search. When I round the corner to look at my phone screen, I'm greeted with the sight of Gabby kissing and tickle attacking Amelia, who is trying to get away and kicking her feet against the table, making the phone shake.

"Could you two stop that before you break the phone?" I giggle out.

They squeal and separate, looking breathless. "Sorry Bird, she started it," Amelia accused, while pointing her finger at Gabby. I roll my eyes at my friend, because I know it's most likely Gabby was simply retaliating.

"What are you two cooking for dinner? I can't decide what I want."

"Well little Bird, I'm making lasagna tonight," Gabby responds, while getting comfortable in her wife's arms.

My tummy growls loudly at the thought of Gabby's lasagne. It's one of her specialties. "No fair!" I whine.

"What are you craving, honey?" Gabby asks.

"Well, I had this amazing pasta dish at the diner for lunch, so I was wanting something light. I haven't had meat for a while though, so I want that as well. I thought about making fried fish and chips."

"Well that sounds good. You have everything you need right?"

I nod, but start blushing. "Yeah, but I wanted your opinion anyway."

"Anytime little Bird," she says with a chuckle. "You should get to cooking then, hmm?"

"Okay. Oh, but first, I must tell you both. I saw a goddess today!"

"Really? She was that gorgeous, huh?" Amelia asks.

"She was breathtaking! I mean literally, I could only stutter a thank you out when she helped me with a few things I dropped at this craft store I went to."

My friends are both giggling and I can tell they're excited for me. "Did you get her name?" Gabby asks.

"No!" I groan. "My dumbass was frozen and too nervous. Hell, even after leaving the store I spotted her by her truck and still couldn't find the courage to go talk with her."