ELEVEN: Talk with Besties! & Bath time!

[ELEVEN.]

(Time Skip 4:23 p.m. Barrett Home)

Aubrey Barrett's (POV)

We didn't spend too much time showing Sarah the paintings we did yesterday. Even though she was really impressed, I think we were all really excited to come over here to my home.

I had painted a scene from the Glazed Morning Coffee Shop that I'd imagined from one of my morning runs. Margaret had painted a pond landscape with water flowers and lily leaf pads; there's even a frog peeking up from one of them. It made me feel so good that Sarah had loved our paintings and even though Margaret doesn't say much, I think she's really proud as well.

When we got here I gave them the complete tour, including my secret entrance to the basement. They loved it so much, even saying I was like a spy from one of their favorite movies. I giggled so much at that and then I told them about my cameras. They immediately looked around, but couldn't see them and I got to tell them that's because they're all hidden! When I told them that they really thought I was like a spy!

It's the afternoon now and we've just finished up painting, in my art studio this time. Margaret and I did one each, then she and Sarah watched as I did a second. I painted both the portraits of my besties I had wanted to do, it was so much fun! Margaret and Sarah told me they were really impressed and that they couldn't tell the difference between my painting and the picture at first, until they looked closer at the brush strokes. I was really proud and their words made my heart flutter.

After cleaning up from the painted messes we were, Margaret decided to make us a snack, so I figure now's a good time to call my besties.

Sarah informed me of their facetime call; I was so embarrassed when she told me what was spoken about on the call that I about fainted. I blushed so much I could feel myself getting physically hot. Sarah had me take several deep breaths in and out and even though I was still a little upset, we still managed to have a good laugh about it.

Now here we are, I'm about to verbally kill my two best friends through facetime. Thinking about what I might say to torture them makes me snicker, but I think I told on myself because I can suddenly feel some very focused eyes on me. Looking up proves me correct, as Sarah is shaking her head at me.

"Behave baby girl," she tells me, although I can see she's amused herself.

I giggle and nibble my lip while I'm curled up on my sofa chair, calling my annoying friends. While I wait for them to answer I peek back at Sarah, who makes a silly face at me and I squeal and look away. If she does that again I might slip! Even though I want to, I need to talk with my friends first.

"Hi you two," I say cheerfully when they show up on the screen.

They greet me with happy laughs and waves, before Amelia pipes up. "Where were you Bird?"

"I'm sorry about that love," I answer my friend, looking down. "I was just getting myself together."

They both frown, knowing I'm still not telling them the truth. I hate lying to them but I can't tell them like this. I look over at Sarah, she gives me a sad but sympathetic look back.

"I don't want to tell you this over the phone," I tell my friends finally. "I need to tell you in person, but I'm scared."

They give each other a look, I know it too well. They're not angry at me, but they are worried.

"Honey, you should never be scared to tell us anything. We've been your friends for years now," Gabby says.

"But this is a big secret," I whimper sadly, rubbing my neck. "I've kept it from everyone for years and...and you might think I'm a freak! Or you might decide you don't want to talk to me anymore."