TEN: Embarrassed, Talk, & New Mommies?!

[TEN]

(Time Noon Tuesday)

Aubrey Barrett's (POV)

I woke up a little confused, but enveloped in warmth all around me. Letting out a long yawn, I try to snuggle further into the warmth, which is when I hear a steady heart beating near my ear. The realization that I'm in bed with someone makes me freeze and the feeling of a hand rubbing my back causes me to whimper.

"Wakey, wakey baby girl, it's time for lunch." I'm relieved to hear Sarah's voice as the person I'm in bed with, but still don't understand why. I rub my eyes slowly, then blink the sleep away and when my vision clears I see Sarah looking down at me.

Even though she's looking at me with a content look on her face it doesn't stop me from blushing and looking away. I can now see we're in a normal looking room and I'm curled up in her arms. Oh Goddess! I'm so embarrassed, and my nerves suddenly run wild.

Sarah caresses my cheek and I look back up at her with big eyes. "It's okay baby. Are you ready for some yummy food, hmm?"

Embarrassed, I hide my face into her neck and whimper, feeling tears on my cheeks. As I cry she bounces me to calm me down.

"Oh honey, why are you so upset sweetie? You're okay"

Sniffling, I cling to her and shake my head then I feel her suddenly freeze.

"Aubrey honey, are you out of your little space honey?" I whimper before nodding and she pats my back.

"Oh sweetheart, that's okay. There's nothing to be embarrassed or ashamed of. Honey, do you remember our talk last night?"

I try to think back to last night when I started to slip and I recall us talking on the couch when Sarah told me it was okay to slip. My eyes widen and I look up at her in shock.

"That's right honey. See, nothing to worry about. You can be big or little around me and Margaret honey, you're safe here sweetie."

I reach up to wipe my eyes then slowly nod, but continue to look anywhere but at her.

"Can you sit up and look at me sweetie?" Sarah asks. "It's okay if you don't want to just yet, but I want you to take some deep breaths and relax until you can, yeah?"

I nod and snuggle as close as I can. The last time I can remember feeling this warm and cared for was when I was really young and my mom would care for me. That care unfortunately didn't last for all of my childhood though.

As I got older, my parents paid less and less attention to me, until there were long periods where they didn't speak to me at all. I took care of myself mostly, although they always made sure I had what I needed so I could. When I went away to college it got even worse, until eventually they didn't even bother with me anymore. The day they passed we had neither seen or spoken with each other for about five years.

A sudden rush of sadness consumes me and I can't help the sobbing that erupts from deep inside. I grip Sarah's shirt tightly, while she rocks us in an attempt to calm me.

"Oh honey, this is more than just being embarrassed, huh? You're okay, I got you baby girl."

We stay like this for some time, Sarah rocking us and whispering sweetly to me, until I'm able to calm down. I peek out at her and she smiles, leaning down she kisses my head and I blush but quietly giggle at the sweetness behind the kiss.

"Aww, there she is, such a cute and beautiful girl. You don't have to worry honey and you can talk with me or Margaret about anything, okay?"

I simply nod, not ready to talk yet, but sigh when I feel my body relax into her.