EIGHT: Trust?! Dinner! & Slipping?!

[EIGHT.]

(Time 3:47 p.m. Pierce Home)

Aubrey Barrett's (POV)

I'm freaking out in my head as Margaret leads me, still holding my hand, to the back yard. There I see another small building that looks like a tiny house, which I'm pretty sure is where we're heading, but in the distance I think I can see some animals! While I try to pick out the kinds of animals I can recognize from so far away, my mind wanders to all that's happened in the short time since I arrived.

Sarah picked me up out of the truck like I weighed nothing and...and she held my hand and now Margaret is holding my hand! They're both being so sweet and caring, it's making me want to slip so bad. Even though I just met them and this is all so new, I can't help what I feel with them around. And not only are they both gorgeous, but they're a smoking hot couple and then also so sweet, just like mommies should be.

I sigh as we come to the door of the little house and Margaret opens the door. "You okay honey?" she asks as she opens it up for us.

"Ye-Yeah, I o-okay."

"Alright sweetheart. Now, I may not be as good a painter as you, but I do hope you like my work."

"I b-bet they are g-good," I tell her, giving her hand a squeeze at the same time.

She chuckles, winking at me as we walk in, but she lets my hand go as we step inside. I shiver when she does, feeling empty from the loss of her warmth. I frown but wipe it off quickly.

"I'm going to put your bag back in the bathroom honey, it's this door right here."

I watch her walk down a hall to the left and then turn right into the bathroom, before coming back and clapping her hands.

"Now, how about we look at some paintings, yeah? Even Sarah hasn't seen my new ones yet."

I giggle and nod, looking around the fully open studio. It looks like a small apartment, one main room with two doors, behind one of those doors I now know is the bathroom and I figure the other door is a storage area. The walls are white, but that's okay because they are covered with different paintings which really pop against the plain walls. One of the walls also has some shelves for art supplies, and a rack with canvases.

To the right is a little work desk with a computer, along with some bits and pieces that I'm sure are helpful for Margaret to have at her fingertips and to the left is the bathroom, along with a little fridge in the corner and two chairs. The rest of the space is completely open for free movement when painting.

A hand on my shoulder causes me to squeak and jump, coming out of my thoughts. Margaret's standing before me looking worried.

"What's wrong honey? You zoned out there."

"Sorry! I was just looking around, noting everything. I tend to do that, it's sort of like photographic memory."

"Okay honey," she says while chuckling. "Just don't scare me like that!"

I blush and look down, nibbling my lip. Now I'm a little worried she's mad at me. "S-Sow...sorry."

I clear my throat, just as the door opens and Sarah walks in with three bottles of water.

"Have you two looked at some paintings yet?"

Margaret smiles and looks over at her wife, shaking her head. "No baby, just Aubrey looking around the studio so far. How about you both have a seat and I'll get my new paintings out?"

"That works, baby."

I don't know why, but their sweet names for each other are making me shy; I'm still smiling as I look at my shoes. I don't want to intrude on a moment between them, but I'm not sure what I should do!