NINE: Very Little Aubrey! & Awkward Facetime?!

[NINE.]

(Time 8:43 p.m. Pierce Home)

Margaret Ann Pierce's (POV)

I adjust Sarah in my arms, as she in turn holds Aubrey, who automatically relaxes and slips into her little space right before our eyes.

"She just slipped so quickly. Look at her baby, she looks so content," I whisper in awe. She nods, moving Aubrey into a more comfortable cradle so we can see her face.

"I know, baby. Look at those beautiful eyes! What would you call her eye color baby? I can see green, with mixed blue and golden flakes. They're beautiful."

I reach over to move a curl out of Aubrey's face, she smiles at the action then snuggles further into Sarah. She's so tiny now, making silly faces at her I make her giggle.

"I don't know, baby. But they're beautiful, just perfect for her. Huh baby Aubrey? Your eyes are just perfect for you."

She giggles, reaching up and sucking on her fingers as she watches us closely. I caress her cheek, cooing at her.

"She's so beautiful and adorable. Look at you, such a beautiful baby you are."

Sarah chuckles and leans down, kissing Aubrey's forehead. "She's perfect, baby. And I'm freaking out."

"I know love, but we can't get ahead of ourselves. We'll talk to her when she's big, but we shouldn't get our hopes up until then."

"I know...I just...look at her honey," Sarah says as she leans her head against mine.

I smile seeing how small she is. "Someone needs a paci."

"Do we have any from the last time the girls were down?" Sarah asks, after she pulls Aubrey's fingers out of her mouth. The little simply returns them as soon as her hand is free again.

"I think so. Just give me a bit and I'll be right back, babies."

I kiss her head, then boop Aubrey's nose which makes her giggle and snuggle further into Sarah, who coos at her. I make my way into the guest bedroom, then into the bathroom. I eventually find a new pack of yellow and pink pacifiers after some rummaging around. They're all so adorable, but knowing Aubrey likes yellow I choose the one with little bees on it.

After quickly rinsing it off with hot water I make my way back into the living room, but I stop in the doorway when I see Sarah lightly tickling Aubrey, making her squirm and giggle. Even though I believe my earlier words, that we shouldn't get our hopes up until we can ask Aubrey what she wants, the sight of them playing together already has my heart swelling.

"Had a new package left and there were yellow ones, so..." I hold it up and Sarah simply chuckles.

"Perfect love," Sarah says, still smiling down at little Aubrey.

I sit back down behind her, pulling them both into my arms and sighing as Sarah moves Aubrey's hand and puts the paci in her mouth. The moment she feels it there she starts suckling and of course Sarah and I coo. She's just so precious and adorable.

"What's running through your mind baby?" I ask my wife.

"You already know love. But I'm just glad she was able to let herself relax with us. Nine years baby, that's a long time to hold herself back from slipping."

"Yes, but she had other outlets. Mainly working so hard, which I'm amazed by, such a tiny thing." I smile and caress Aubrey's cheek. "I'm very in awe of you little one."

She smiles behind her paci and leans into my hand.

"Even though that's true, it's still a long time. Do you think anyone in her life knows she's a little?"