TWENTY-FOUR: Recovering! & Visitors?!

[TWENTY-FOUR]

(Time Skip 9:02 a.m.)

Ashley Rowes (POV) (Stalker)

Dammit! I was so stupid!

I've been waiting for so long to get her and the moment I set that plan into motion she, my love and baby, ruined it by being up in the middle of night!

I move to get a little more comfortable, but that was a mistake because pain shoots right through my body. I can't help groaning, which turns into a laugh when someone tells me to shut up.

That woman, Sarah. I surely didn't see her being so, well, protective. I laugh harder, but it quickly turns into a growl at the thought. My baby fought, oh how she fought. But it was really Sarah who foiled my plans. If she didn't come down the stairs I would have been able to take my baby far away from here. I didn't want to hurt my love, but she just wouldn't calm down. I would have made it up to her.

Dammit!

I would have my baby now if everything hadn't gone so wrong! And now I'll be locked away from her, with no chance of keeping her by my side.

My body starts to shake at the fury that's building up inside me and I let out the loudest scream I can, over and over with no sign of stopping even though my throat is on fire.

Hands are suddenly holding me down as I struggle, but all I can see is the blinding light of rage, until everything around me goes black.

Dr. Sarah Evans Pearce's (POV)

After a sleepless rest of our night we woke slowly. I'm so tired, yet I can't sleep until I know Aubrey is going to be okay. She hasn't woken up yet herself which is not uncommon, I've been checking her vitals and all are perfect so for now I think she's actually just sleeping. I'm honestly terrified that when she does wake she'll be so distraught and hurt, so maybe it's better that she gets as much rest and peace as she can beforehand.

Margaret made us breakfast but I barely ate and now we're just cuddled up on the couch. Agent Lance came by around seven this morning to let us know the Rowe woman is currently in a psychiatric unit and that she had to be sedated last night. They found where she'd been staying, it seems she had a base in a motel just outside of town, but as we suspected she also had a small camp in the forest on Aubrey's property. The worst part though is they found camera equipment, as much as we suspected it could be a possibility, it's a whole other feeling of dread to have it confirmed that someone was videoing you and those you love without your knowledge. One was a static camera pointed into the living room so she didn't even have to be on the property to watch us.

Sadly, several more people have come forward to report various crimes the Rowe woman has committed against them, not just stalking but also some actual assaults. Because of Aubrey's relatively high profile from the cases she's worked on, the incident last night hit the news, although thankfully they didn't release our location. When the other victims saw she was in custody they all quickly started to come forward. It's safe to say if she is released from the psychiatric facility she'll be facing a very long time in prison and for that I could not be more thankful.

I kiss our girl's head and Margaret does the same to me. "She's safe, baby. You protected her and she'll be okay, we'll make sure of it."

"She's hurt though, love. And I'm worried about how she'll be when she wakes up. She's going to be in pain and I'm not sure if she'll wake up as her little or big self.

"I know baby," she says as she kisses my neck. "That's why we'll get her some pain meds and make sure she's comfortable until she's fully healed, mentally and physically."