ii. 𝖿𝗂𝗋𝗌𝗍 𝖺𝖼𝗊𝗎𝖺𝗂𝗇𝗍𝖺𝗇𝖼𝖾

𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐋𝐀 𝐖𝐎𝐊𝐄 𝐔𝐏 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐀𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐌 beside her and the flushing of the toilet across from her room. The bathroom was closer to her room, so she could hear when Thea's in it. The girl grabs her phone to look at the time. She groans before sitting herself up. She hasn't woken up so early in a long time. Layla actually wanted to sleep a few more hours.

The redhead stands up, putting on her slippers, before she exits her room. Thea exits the bathroom, wiping toothpaste off her mouth.

The two sisters make eye contact. "What?" Thea asks before walking back to her room.

"Why are you in the mood so early in the morning?" Layla asks and Thea flips her off before entering her room. Layla and Thea didn't have a close sister relationship, but they did care for each other. Lately, Thea has been pretty cranky and angry mainly due to them moving, but it's to be expected, though.

Layla enters the bathroom to wash up. After she finished washing up and dressing herself.
She exits her room with her bag. "What do you mean, no? We had discussed this, Mark. I even gave you the money because you said you would come."

Layla stops in front of Thea's door. The girl was on the phone talking to whom she presumes is Mark.
"Is this really how you're going to behave? Is this really how you'll treat me?"

Layla didn't want to be nosy, but unfortunately, she was. "You know, fuck you. I don't need you, and you can keep the fucking money."

Layla raises her brow, shocked by the direction the conversation went. Thea and Mark has been on and off for three years now, but they always get back together. Their relationship is toxic, but for some reason they can't be a part for too long. Layla predicts they'll be back to being lovey-dovey by tonight.

Thea hangs up the phone, and Layla takes it as her signal to go before Thea finds out she heard everything. She wanted to avoid being yelled at.

She walks down the stairs towards the kitchen. Her parents had already gone to work. Her dad to his law firm and her mom to the psychiatric hospital, Eichen House. Her mom is a psychologist, and she was lucky enough to get a job at Eichen House.

She grabs the box of cereal before throwing some for her in a bowl. She grabs the milk just when Thea comes downstairs. She places her bag on the counter before she walks to the fridge.

"Didn't mom think of making us breakfast?"

"I don't think she was able to. She probably had to leave early, but I honestly don't care," Layla says as she pours milk in her cereal. She grabs a spoon before sitting at the counter. "Is Rice Crispies the only cereal we have?"

"Yeah."

Thea groans, but she still pours her cereal into the bowl. "Why are you so grumpy this morning?" Layla questions. "Is it Mark again?"

Thea sighs, rolling her eyes. "What do you think? I'm so tired of his shit."

"Why don't you break up with him, then?"

Thea grabs the milk, and she pours it over her cereal. "It's not that easy, Layla. I can't just break things off."

"What do you mean, it's not that easy?" Layla asks, genuinely curious.