xi. 𝗉𝖺𝗋𝖾𝗇𝗍-𝗍𝖾𝖺𝖼𝗁𝖾𝗋 𝖼𝗈𝗇𝖿𝖾𝗋𝖾𝗇𝖼𝖾

𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐋𝐀 𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐒 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐅𝐀𝐒𝐓 𝐀𝐒 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐌𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 prepares her father's lunch. Thea was in her room getting ready for the day. Today was the day that Mark would be making an appearance. Layla hasn't told her parents yet, and neither has Thea. It looks like they'll find out about Mark when he gets here.

The girl leans over to her father just when the bell rings. The three in the kitchen looks up when they hear Thea's loud footsteps from upstairs. Her footsteps get louder as she runs down the stairs towards the door.

“Who is at the door that she is so excited to see?” Thomas asks, looking at his daughter. “Your worst nightmare, dad,” Layla tells her dad.

The door opens and Thea let's out a loud scream, and Layla sighs, knowing that it was Mark. Thea really gave him their address.
Layla stands up, and her parents follows her to the front door. Layla stops in her tracks when she sees Thea and Mark making out at the front door.

“Thea!”

The redhead pulls away from her boyfriend before she looks at the three.

“Hey Mr. and Mrs Paxton. Hey, Layla,” Mark greets. Thomas looks at his wife before he looks at his daughter. “What is Mark doing here?”

“Oh, I forgot to tell you that he was coming. He came to visit me,” Thea tells her parents. “He came all the way from Michigan to come see you?”

“Yes,” Thea says, hugging her boyfriend.

Nina stares at her daughter, and she shakes her head. She had really thought they had gotten rid of Mark, but unfortunately, it seems they haven't.

“Mark, where will you be staying?” Nina asks, wanting to make sure her daughter didn't plan for him to stay in their house. She can't kick him out of town, buts he for sure can kick him out of this house before he even sets foot inside.

“Oh, I got myself an apartment in town,” Mark informs her.

“An apartment? How long will you be staying?” Nina asks the boy. “Just until Thea graduates.”

Layla's eyes almost bulges out of her eye sockets. That's almost five months. She has to keep seeing his face for five more months.

“What did I tell you, dad? Your worst nightmare,” Layla says before she makes her way back to the kitchen to finish her breakfast. She needed to get to school.

▷▷▷

“So, he actually came?”

“Yes. I now have to keep seeing his face for five more months. I thought I had gotten rid of him,” Layla rants to Starr as they wait for Mr. Evans to arrive. Thea didn't come to school because she wanted to spend the day with her boyfriend.

“Is he really that bad?”

“He's a manipulator, and he's so fucking toxic,” Layla tells Starr. “But because my sister is just as toxic as him, they fit each other so well,” she adds.

“Have you tried talking to her?”

Layla chuckles, shaking her head, “No use in that. My mom and I both tried, but she doesn't listen.”

“Stubbornness.”

Layla runs her hand through her hair. “Yeah, but the thing that makes me so mad is the fact that when they fight, he cheats on her, and she knows it, but she doesn't leave his ass. She's in far too deep,” Layla tells Starr. “Sorry for ranting. I just needed to get that off my chest.”