iv. 𝗎𝗇𝖾𝗑𝗉𝖾𝖼𝗍𝖾𝖽 𝖿𝗋𝗂𝖾𝗇𝖽𝗌𝗁𝗂𝗉

𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐂𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐒𝐎 𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐂𝐊𝐋𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐈𝐓 𝐃𝐈𝐃𝐍'𝐓 even feel like a week. Layla had gotten adjusted to the school pretty quickly. She still tries to avoid Gia, but the girl always seems to run into her. Veronica is the only one who's got the hint that Layla didn't want to be friends with them. She still talks to her, but she thankfully wasn't so nosy.

The week, Layla and Thea had decided to ignore each other. They do still drive to school together, but the two don't speak to each other. Layla had decided that she was done after she had overheard Thea and Mark's conversation on Wednesday. The two were okay for now and Thea seemed happy, but Layla surely wasn't. The guy is putting her sister through hell, and she still decides to just forgive him.

Layla shouldn't be worrying about her sister's relationship, but how could she not when her sister's mental health is at risk.
Maybe their relationship is the reason Layla just can't get into a relationship because she doesn't want to end up like her sister.

The redhead groans, throwing her head back on her bed. Thinking about Thea and studying isn't helping her at all. She has a Math test on Monday, and thinking about her sister isn't going to make her pass the test.

"Honey!"

The door opens and her mother walks in with her clothes. "Are you buys studying?" Nina asks her daughter. "Yeah, I have a test on Monday, but I can't seem to focus."

"Why not?"

"I just have a lot of stuff on my mind," Layla tells her. Nina walks over to the girl, and she sits down in the bed.
"Maybe you should go out to clear your head."

"Where would I go, mom? I don't exactly have any friends."

"Your cousin, Lydia, is throwing a small get together. Why don't you go over to her house?" Nina suggests. Layla raises her brow at her mother. The woman in front of her was strict on not letting her children go to any parties. It never stopped Thea before, but still. It was surprising.

"Are you actually suggesting I go to a party?"

"Yes. Natalie and I will be going out for dinner, so I think you should go over there," Nina tells her daughter. "Maybe you can also make some friends there."

"Yeah, let's go." The two looks over at the door to see Thea all dressed up. "Are you going to the party?"

"Yeah, Lydia invited me," Thea tells her mom. "You can come with me. I do need a driver tonight."

Nina looks at her daughter. "You won't be drinking tonight," she tells her. "I never said I was drinking. All I said was that I needed a driver."

Nina looks back at Layla and she gestures to Thea. "Go out and have fun. It is a Friday night, after all."

Nina stands up and she leaves the room. Layla looks at her sister, and she tilts her head. "You're finally talking to me again."

Thea rolls her eyes. "Get ready, we're leaving in ten minutes."

▷▷▷

"Glad, you two could join us."

Lydia leads the two sisters into the house and through to the backyard where the pool was. Layla nods at the people she passes. The house was pretty empty compared to the backyard.

The guy, Jackson, comes up to Lydia and the strawberry-blonde smiles at him. "There are the drinks, help yourselves," Lydia says before she gets dragged away by her boyfriend.

"All right. You're my driver tonight, so I'm going to drink," Thea tells her. Layla watch as her sister walks over to the alcohol table before she helps herself.