ix. 𝗌𝖾𝗋𝖾𝗇𝖽𝗂𝗉𝗂𝗍𝗒

"𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓'𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓?"

Layla looks up at Thea, who's staring at her drawing. Layla woke up early this morning after having a nightmare, so she did what she always does. She draws, and somehow she drew a man being mauled by a big bear. The girl has always drawn weird stuff, but this is the icing on the cake.

"It's a man being mauled by a bear," Layla tells the girl.

"You always draw the weirdest stuff." Thea takes the drawing out of Layla's hands, and she studies it. "This thing looks like a wolf, it's definitely not a bear. And why is the man getting mauled inside a bus?" Thea questions and Layla shrugs.

"I don't know. I just kind of draw whatever comes to mind," Layla says, taking the drawing from her before putting it in her bag. "I forgot to tell you that Mark is coming to visit."

Layla's eyes widen just as Thea exits the car. "Wait, what?" Layla questions exiting the car as well. "You heard me."

"When? Why?"

"Maybe next week. He hasn't said when, though," Thea explains, walking towards the entrance. Layla was still processing the fact that he is coming here. "But why is he coming?"

"He misses me. We had worked things out, and we figured we can make this long-distance thing work," Thea informs the girl. "And anyway, I'll be graduating from school in a few months. I might decide to move back to Michigan."

Layla shakes her head, "Isn't this going too fast? Thea we just moved, you two need some distance," Layla tries to convince her sister.
"Why do we need distance? I know that I love him, and he loves me. There's nothing to figure out."

Layla scratches the back of her head. "Thea, have you told mom and dad, yet?"

"Not yet. But I don't think I'll need to do that because he's going to rent out an apartment for the time that he's here, so they probably won't see him," Thea says as the two walks into school. Thea and Mark are toxic for each other, so them reuniting will most likely end up with them fighting again.

"This isn't going to end well."

Thea sighs, stopping in her tracks. "Look, you won't be seeing him, so you don't have to worry, okay. Anyway, I have to go now," Thea says before she makes her way down the hallway to her class.

Layla walks towards her locker, where Paisley was standing, probably waiting for Starr. If Mark comes to Beacon Hills without her parents knowing and Layla does end up telling them about it, it could end terribly for Thea, which could result in Thea hating her and their parents.

"Hey, Layla."

"Hi Paisley." Layla opens her locker, taking out her Chemistry and Biology books. She puts her Math and History books in the locker.
"Are you waiting for Starr?"

"Yeah, she's a bit late this morning," Paisley says, looking down at her watch. "She usually comes with Stiles, so maybe they got delayed."

Paisley nods. Layla smiles before closing her locker just when her phone goes off, and she checks it. "Starr says she'll be a little late this morning," Layla tells the blonde girl.

"Oh. Okay then, I'll see you then."

Paisley smiles before she skips off down the hall. Allison passes her and the Argent girl greets her before she makes her way to the stairs.

Layla turns around and makes her way down the hall towards homeroom. The redhead holds her books to her chest while she sends a text to Starr saying she'll be in homeroom if she decides to look for her.