xvi. 𝗌𝗈𝗅𝖺𝖼𝖾

𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐋𝐀 𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐆𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 as Allison, who is in front of her is eating her food. Starr was with Stiles and Lydia had to stay back after class, leaving her alone with Allison. The two girls didn't know what to talk about so the two of them decided to just do their own thing.

Allison was on her phone while Layla was reading her book with earphones in her ears. Jackson Whitmore sits down next to Allison, which made Layla look up and Allison frown.
“Oh, you got something on your—Let me,” he says brushing his thumb on Allison's bottom lip. He brings his thumb to his lips and sucks on it.

Allison awkwardly chuckles looking at him. “Thanks,” Allison says as she looks down.

Jackson looks at Layla, but the girl was already looking at her book. She turned her volume down to be able to hear what the two were talking about because that interaction she just saw was weird.

“You want a bite?” Allison asks him, still not sure why he is sitting next to her.

“What?” he asks.
“Do you want a bite?” she asks him, referring to her sandwich.

“Oh. No. Thanks,” he tells her, rubbing the back of his neck. “Are you doing okay? I mean, since the other night?”

“Better than I thought I would be,” he tells her, “You still thinking about everything that happened?” Jackson asks her. Allison looks down with a sigh. “Mostly about Scott,” she tells him.

Layla's ear perks up, but she keeps her head down.

Scott leans against the wall outside in the hall with his tray on his lap. He could clearly hear the conversation.
“I haven't talked to him,” he hears Layla say to Jackson. “Probably a good idea,” Jackson tells her.

“You don't think I made a mistake, do you?” Allison asks him. “No.”

Scott hits his head against the wall.

“In fact, I think he got exactly what he deserves,” Jackson tells her, causing Scott to hit his head harder against the wall. Scott hits his head harder, causing the wall to break behind his head.

Allison looks down at the table. She for once wanted someone to tell her she made a mistake. He did sacrifice himself to save them, and then she went and broke things off with him. Was that the smartest thing? No. But she believes it was for the best.

*

Coach walks into the locker room, and he blows the whistle. “All right, geniuses, listen up. Due to the recent pinkeye epidemic, thank you, Greenberg, the following people have made first line on a probationary basis, emphasis on the word ‘probationary’. Rodriguez,” Coach calls out and there's a scatter of applause.

“Welcome to first line. Taylor, and, uh, Oh, for the love of crap. I can't even read my own writing. What is that, an ‘S’?” Coach asks himself, causing Stiles to sit on the edge waiting in suspense.

“No, no, that's not an ‘S’. That's a—That's a—That's a ‘B’. That's a ‘B’. It's definitely a ‘B’,” Coach says, making Stiles sigh sitting back.

“Uh, Rodriguez, Taylor, and Bilinski,” Coach says, causing Stiles’ eyes to widen. He whoops as he jumps up yelling, causing everyone to look at him. “Yeah!” he cheers out loud.