xix. 𝖽𝖾𝗌𝗉𝖺𝗂𝗋

tw: suicide

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐊, 𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐌𝐀𝐋 dance. Everyone was rather excited for it. It was only a few days away. Layla and Scott is supposed to study today, and she is hoping he doesn't bail on her because he can't afford it. If they get behind on any of the chapters, she's not sure if he'll be able to pass Biology with a B.

Layla stops in her tracks when she sees Paisley and Starr standing at her locker. They looked as if they had made up, since just last week they were hanging on a thread. They were on the verge of a break-up.

She nears the two and her eyes falls on Starr. The girl wasn't in History or Biology. She missed two of their classes and she guessed it was because of Paisley.
“Good day, you two.”

The blonde smirks when she makes eye contact with Layla. “Hey, Layla. How has your day been so far?”

“Okay I guess.” Layla opens her locker before she takes out the sheet of homework they got from History.
“Starr, this is the homework that has to be done by tomorrow. Mr. Evans also hope you won't miss any classes,” Layla says as her eyes falls on the blonde.

“Wait, don't we have Biology and History later this afternoon?”

“No. Our schedule changed. Didn't you know?” Layla asks and Starr shakes her head. Layla looks at Paisley and she raises her brow. “I gave you the new schedule to give to Starr, why didn't you?”

Starr looks at her girlfriend, and she raises her brow. “Why didn't you tell me? You know I can't afford to miss History or Biology.”

“I'm sorry, I had forgotten.”

Layla rolls her eyes, “Did you really?”

“What?”

“Paisley, I know you hate me but do you really think what you're doing now is going too far? You'd rather have she miss two classes then sit in the same class as me, without you. I knew you were jealous, but I didn't think you'd be possessive. Grow the fuck-up,” Layla tells the blonde. She slams her locker shut before walking off.

Starr stares at her friend before turning to Paisley. “You did this because you're jealous? Really?”

“It's not like that, babe. I had forgotten the schedules had changed.”

“Did you really?” Starr picks her bag up from the ground. “I actually thought we fixed this. You know, Layla and I are just friends. Don't you trust me?”

“Of course, I trust you. . .it's just, I don't trust her.”

“You don't trust her? Layla doesn't even like me like that. She is my best friend, Paisley,” Starr tells her. “Why is us being friends a problem now? I've had countless girl friends, why is Layla suddenly a problem?”

Paisley opens her mouth to say something, but she doesn't. “We aren't in middle school any more Paisley. When you grow up, then you and I can talk again.”

“Wait, are you breaking things off with me?”

Starr looks around to see students looking at them. “It depends on you. If you stop being possessive, then maybe this relationship of ours can continue.”

▷▷▷

The last period of the day was over and Layla was waiting for Scott at her car. They had all their classes together, but not once did the two speak. Layla was too focused on her work to have the time to talk to him. She just hopes he didn't forget, or else she will wring his neck.