viii. 𝗎𝗇𝖾𝗑𝗉𝖾𝖼𝗍𝖾𝖽 𝗆𝗈𝗆𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗌

𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐂𝐀𝐌𝐄, 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 𝐌𝐄𝐀𝐍𝐓 𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 game night. Layla came with her mom and Thea to watch the lacrosse game. Her mom was actually happy to join them. Starr was running a bit late, but she did say she would make it in time for the game.
The redhead looks over to where Paisley and her friends were seated. They were in their cheerleading uniforms. They were serious about this. If they win, then the principal might actually make them an official cheerleading squad. "I didn't know this school had a cheerleading team?" Nina says to her two daughters.

"They don't. They are just attention seekers," Thea says, glancing over at the group of girls. "You still don't like the cheerleaders?"

"No, why would you think that?" Thea asks Layla. The redhead looks at her mother and Nina chuckles. Layla rubs her hands together, trying to keep herself warm. "I really should've brought a warmer jacket."

Nina takes the blanket out of her bag. "Here, throw this over your legs," Nina says, handing the blanket to her daughter. "Thanks, mom."

Layla looks around just as the players come out. She immediately recognized Stiles, Scott, and Ross. She didn't think he would actually be playing today because he hasn't been to any practice, or so Starr said.

The curly haired girl sits down beside Layla with a thick scarf around her neck. "You are late." She shares the blanket with Starr and the girl thanks her.

"I know. I came with my uncle, and he had to stop by the station." Starr looks over at Thea and Nina, and she smiles. "Hello Thea, Hello Mrs Paxton. I am Starr, Layla's friend."

Nina smiles at the girl, "Hi Starr. Nice to meet you." The girl smiles before she turns her attention back to Layla.

"Did you see that the asshole is playing today?" Starr says, whispering as she points to Ross who were at the cheerleaders side. "Yep. Is he any good?"

"Yeah, I guess. He and Jackson has been rivals since they both joined the team back in freshman year," Starr informs the girl. "No one has been able to challenge them, except Scott."

Layla looks over to the McCall boy, who seemed to be really nervous. "I'm guessing they won't go easy on him even though they're on the same team, right?" Layla asks the girl. "Yeah, but what can you expect, they are both assholes."

The whistle blows and everyone runs on to the field. "It's starting."

"Hey, kid," Mr. Stilinski calls out, walking up to his son who's currently on the bench.

"Hey," Stiles greets back. "So, you think you'll see any action tonight?" Stilinski asks him.
"Action?" Stiles asks him, still looking out of the field. "Maybe."

The cheerleaders' cheer loudly as the boys gets into their positions.

"Down! Set!" the referee yells out.

The whistle blows and the surrounding crowd on the bleachers starts cheering loudly.

Jackson takes the ball and runs off. Jackson goes for the opposing team's goal. Her eyes fall on Scott, who appears to be open. Jackson can throw him the ball, and he could score. He throws the ball but someone bumps into him, making the ball fly up. "He could have thrown the ball to Scott, why didn't he?" Starr asks from beside Layla.

The ball falls to the ground and both Scott and Jackson runs towards it.

Jackson pushes Scott to the ground, he grabs the ball and scores immediately. Starr sigh and Layla just claps along to the crowd's cheers.

"That's it, Jackson! Get fired up! Fired up!" Coach yells out. Scott shakes his head, disappointed in himself. "No," Stiles whispers.

Layla's eyes fall on Lydia, who stands up with a sign. "Would you mind helping me with this sign?" Lydia asks Allison, and the brunette stands up and helps Lydia with the sign. "Poor, Scott."