xxiii. 𝗍𝖺𝗄𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝖺 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗇𝖼𝖾

𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐋𝐀 𝐈𝐒 𝐒𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐈𝐑 𝐈𝐍 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐓 𝐎𝐅 Lydia's room. It has been an hour since she's been in front of this room. Lydia's mom wasn't in town, so she had to drive back, but she still hasn't arrived. Layla wondered if she will even come. She has never met her aunt Natalie before.

The girl runs her hand through her hair and just then the elevator opens and a redhead woman with a man in tow runs through and immediately runs towards Lydia's room. "Lydia!"

Layla stands up and she walks towards the couple. "Uh, Aunt Natalie."

The woman looks at Layla and she frowns. "Hi, I'm Layla Paxton," she says, and Natalie's eyes widen. She looks at the girl with wide eyes. Natalie didn't expect to see Nina's daughter here. She gives the girl a small smile.

"Uh, hello, Layla."

Mr. Martin smiles at the girl and he questions, "Do you know what had happened to my daughter?"

"All I was told was that it was an animal attack. If you would like to know more, the doctor is over there," Layla says, pointing to the doctors down the hall.

"Thank you," the man says before making his way down the corridor. Natalie is still planted in front of Layla, and she asks, "Where is your mother?"

"She is with my sister, Thea. She is also admitted here," Layla says. Natalie nods, "She had mentioned something like that over the phone."

Layla looks over at Lydia and says, "Lydia will be okay. Do not worry too much."

Natalie looks at her daughter, who is lying on the hospital bed. She hopes her daughter is alright. She can't bear anything happening to her daughter.

"I will be right back," Natalie says before she walks down the hall to where she presumes her husband was.

Layla turns her head and she sees Allison. Allison walks out in a purple hoodie. She just walks past Layla looking at Lydia who's lying on the bed unconscious.

Allison scoffs as she stares at her beat friend. All this time everyone lied to her. She trusted everyone and it backfired.

Allison looks at Layla, who's just looking at her. "So, you knew as well, I'm guessing. Did you lie to me as well?" Allison questions Layla.
"Excuse me?"

Allison scoffs, turning back and walks off to the elevator.
"Allison? Hey, where are you going?" Layla asks her. Allison stops and looks up at the wall.

"I'm going to make them pay for doing that to her," Allison mumbles before getting in the elevator. Layla frowns, wondering what she had meant with that. Wasn't Lydia attacked by an animal?

▷▷▷

Layla bites her lip, pacing around in front of Lydia's room. She has gotten even more worried now. Lydia's body has been going into shock three times in the past two hours. The doctors think that she's maybe having an allergic reaction to the medication.

Lydia's parents had gone to get themselves some coffee, so they left Layla in front of the girl's room.

Stiles and Starr runs through the elevator towards Lydia's room. Layla stands up just when the two of them stops in front of the room. She wanted to know what had happened.

"Layla?"

"Starr, hey. Are you okay?" Layla asks the girl when she notices that the girl still had her dress on. "Yeah, I'm okay."

Stilinski grabs his son by the collar, dragging him away from the two girls. Starr looks over at her uncle and cousin. "Uh, Layla, I need to go talk with my uncle, I'll be right back, okay?"