vi. 𝖼𝗈𝗆𝗉𝗅𝗂𝖼𝖺𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗌

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐋𝐀 𝐃𝐑𝐈𝐕𝐄𝐒 to school alone. Thea wasn't feeling well this morning. It seems the girl was down with the flu, which basically means she'll be out for a week. Layla now has to get Thea's work from her teachers, so she can do her work from home.

Layla exits her car just as Starr climbs out of Stiles' jeep. The redhead was actually happy to see the girl. They didn't exchange numbers, so there was no way for them to get in touch.

"Starr."

The curly haired girl turns her head, frowning. She smiles when she sees the redhead. "Layla. Hey."

"Hey, where were you yesterday?" Layla questions the girl. "I had to go to San Francisco on Saturday, and I only got back yesterday."

Stiles walks over to them, and he looks at Layla. The redhead smiles at him before she introduces herself, "I'm Layla."

"I'm Stiles," he says. Layla didn't know if that was really his name, but it sounded cool. He gives her a genuine smile before looking at his cousin. "I have lacrosse practice this afternoon for the game Friday," Stiles tells his cousin.

"Practice what? Sitting on the bench?" Starr asks him. He gapes at Starr before he looks at Layla. "You know I'm only on the bench because the team is already full."

"Hmm, okay."

Starr turns her attention back to Layla. "We're going to go now. There's Scott," Starr says, looking over at the boy who's driving towards them with his bike. Starr grabs on to Layla's arm, and she pulls her towards the school.

"What had happened, yesterday?"

"Huh? What do you mean?" Layla asks. "I had heard that Jackass Jackson had gotten hurt, yesterday. And that it was Scott's doing," Starr says. Layla frowns, staring at the girl. She didn't know Jackson had gotten hurt.

"I don't know. I didn't stay back for lacrosse practice. You know more about it than I do."

"I was hoping to get some juicy details from you," Starr says as they walk into the school. "But anyway, I heard that you guys wrote a Biology test yesterday and half of the class failed."

"Yeah. Did your cousin already tell you?"

Starr nods. "He only told me about the pairing thing and he and I being partners. He also informed me that your partner is Scott."

Layla had hoped that whole thing was just a fever dream from yesterday. "Yep. I still need to discuss our schedule with him later. I can't have him failing next week's test as well," Layla tells the girl.

"Good luck with that."

The two walks over to their lockers, which is surprisingly only three lockers away from each other. Paisley walks over to Starr's locked with Gia in tow.

"Why didn't you answer my calls, yesterday?" Paisley asks Starr. The curly haired girl glances at Gia who's standing a few feet away from them.

"I couldn't. I told you I had to drive from San Francisco."

"Yeah, but I thought you'd at least call me last night. I had really missed you this weekend," Paisley tells Starr. Layla didn't want to eavesdrop, but it was so close to her locker, how could she not.

Starr scoffs, closing her locker. "I'm sure you did," Starr says sarcastically. "What does that mean?"

"How was it, spending the weekend at your ex's place, huh? It must have been fun, right?" Starr asks her girlfriend. Paisley's face pales, and she asks, "Who told you that?"