xv. 𝖼𝗈𝗇𝗍𝖾𝗆𝗉𝗍𝗆𝖾𝗇𝗍

𝐒𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐎𝐋 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐂𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐃 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 WEEK AFTER THE INCIDENT that happened to a few of their students. Layla found out the day after from Starr that some lunatic trapped them in the school and was trying to kill them. She didn't tell her who the lunatic was, she just kept it short. Starr had mentioned she was happy Layla had left early that night. Layla felt guilty for leaving her there, but what happened, happened, and it was now over. Everyone was safe and fortunately no one got hurt. 

Scott didn't show up for their study session because she had learned he and Allison broke up. She decided not to disturb him because he was hurting. Layla has never been in a relationship, so she doesn't know how it feels when the person you really like dumps you. She had decided they would continue with their sessions next week. She's basically giving him a week to mourn his relationship before he has to start focusing on his school. It is harsh, but the midterms will be starting soon, and she needs him to focus.

“I can't believe this happened when you were here,” Thomas says, stopping in the parking lot. “Dad, I wasn't here when it happened. I was lucky enough to leave early that night.”

“Okay, from now on, you don't stay after school anymore. I will come pick you up.”

“Dad, you don't have to. I wasn't one of those students, so no need to do that,” Layla tells her dad. When he found out that she could've been one of those students, he was full of fear. “I'm still going to worry about you, though.”

“I know you will.”

Thomas smiles at his daughter. “Is Thea sick again?” Layla asks her dad. “Yes, she had a fever this morning. Your mom took her to the hospital.”

“Okay then. I'll see you later, dad. Love you!”

“Love you too, sweetheart.” Layla exits the car just when the sheriff's car stops in the parking lot. Starr and Stiles climbs out and Layla runs towards the girl. She wasn't able to see Starr for a whole long week.

“Starr! I missed you!” Layla hugs the girl which made her smiles. 

“I missed you too! My week has been so boring without you!” Layla smiles before she turns to Stiles.

“Stiles, how are you?” Layla asks the boy.

“I'm good.” Layla looks over at sheriff Stilinski.

“Good morning Sheriff.”

“Good morning, Layla.”

The three greets the sheriff before they make their way into the school. 

“What a hectic week this will be,” Starr comments as she looks over at the broken window. They make their way into the school, and it seems everyone was talking about what happened last week. No one knew who the students were, and maybe that's a good thing. At least the teachers and police kept that confidential. 

“How's Scott, by the way? I heard what happened to him and Allison,” Layla says to Stiles, who's beside her. “I don't know how he's actually doing because he doesn't want to talk about the break-up at all.”

“It will take some time.”

“He's convinced he'll be able to get her back,” Stiles informs the two girls. “I think all Allison needs is time,” Starr says just as they reach their lockers.

“How about you and Paisley?” Stiles asks and Layla whips her head to Starr. “What about her and Paisley? Did something happen?”

“Seriously, Stiles?” Starr glares at her cousin, but he just smirks.
Stiles chuckles, “You don't know the half of it. Anyway, I see Scott, I'll see you two at lunch.” Stiles walks off, leaving the two at their lockers.