2

Btw, I know Bruce meeting Jeremiah doesn't happen until later, but I wanted Y/n and him to meet in the last chapter. Sorry if you were confused and Ecco doesn't exist in the book so yeah :)

"Happy birthday!!" Alfred and I say to Bruce and show him his cake. We finish singing  birthday and his friends Selina walks in. She's actually nice, I like her. Plus they've been friends for.. like forever!

"Hey Y/n!" Selina says and eats some cake.

"Hey, how are you??" I ask and take a bite out of my slice.

"I'm okay."

I decide to leave her and Bruce to it but as soon I'm about to leave Jim walks in. "Hey Jim." I say happily and he looks at me seriously. "Everything okay?" I ask.

"Nope. Bruce and Y/n we need your help." He says.

"What happened?" Bruce asks.

Jim turns on the tv. It's Jerome.

"Don't you know it's rude to keep a guy waiting? Bring me my hostages, James. My trigger finger is getting itchy." Jerome says on tv.

"The hostages he wants is you, Bruce and his brother." Jim says.

For fuck sake! I though I was done with Jerome.

Alfred and Jim talk and get interrupted by someone getting killed on the tv behind us.

"Guys listens to me, with your help we can prevent more deaths." Jim says.

"I'm in!" I say.

"What's the plan?" Bruce says.

Jim explains it to us and we leave to go to Jeremiah's. I wonder how he's doing right now..

"He wants to murder all of us on television. Or at least he wants to kill Bruce and I. Not sure what he's thinking to do about Y/n." Jeremiah says.

He's right. He probably just wants to kill me, but I have a feeling there's more to it.

"You have a brilliant mind. And we all hope we can soon be rid of your brother so that you can carry out your work free from fear. I understand if you choose not to help us today, but I wouldn't do this if I didn't think it was safe and i definitely wouldn't want my sister to do it." Bruce says.

".. so your okay with it?" Jeremiah says looking at me.

"..yes. Even if I'm harmed, facing him will show the people of Gotham that standing up to fear and terror is the only way to take its power away." I say.

"Well.. okay I'll join." Jeremiah says and we exchange a smile to each other.

We arrive to where Jerome is. He spots us.

"My guests of honour! Please, take your seats on stage." Jerome says. Jim gives us all a reassuring look and Jeremiah nods at me. We start walking towards him.

Any minute he should be shot.. i hear gun shots go off but Jerome is not killed. Only the people who were supposed to be the people that kill him got shot. We continue walking.

While getting closer i realise something.. there's only 2 seats..

Jerome sees i notices this and says; "Oh Y/n! My love, I have a special place for you. Oh how i missed you!" He laughs. I can't tell if he thinks I love him or is he being sarcastic. And what does he mean, a special seat?? I stop walking and Jeremiah looks at me.

"It's okay." He says, even though he's also clearly freaking out. I continue waking towards him and we get on stage. 3 of Jerome followers grab us, one each. They take Bruce and Jeremiah and they place them on these seats.

What about me? "Oh darling, you look great!" Jerome cackles and hugs me. Shit what do I do? I slightly return it. God I want to kill this bitch myself. Then one of his followers brings out a.. a throne?

"For you, of course." He laughs, yet again. He pushes me and I sit down. There's nothing attached. Just a regular seat.. I hope.

Then Jerome walks over to Jeremiah and Bruce.

"No parent will admit it, but everyone's for their favourite. Right, brother?" Jerome starts, I get lost in my thoughts I loose focus on what he is saying.

Why am I on this chair? Why does Jeremiah and Bruce have a bunch of wire around their neck and I don't? I guess Jerome actually does love me. Or did anyway.. too bad I hate him.

Jerome stands up and unties Jeremiah's hands.  What the fuck?? He.. hands him a knife. "Take your best shot." Jerome says.

Jeremiah screams and stands up but falls back down as Jerome punches him. He is continuously kicking Jeremiah. Is there any thing I can do..? 

Jerome stops and looks up, hearing gunshots.
That's when.. Jim shoots Jerome and falls back and goes across the stage. I run over to Jeremiah, who is laying on the floor.

"Jeremiah?? Can you hear me?" I say, turning him over to face me.

"Y-yes I can.." he says quietly. "Okay you need a doctor now. He got you pretty bad," I say, looking at all of Jeremiah's new bruises.

"It's not that bad, I'm fine. Thank you." He says, sitting up. He tries to stand up,  but just falls down.

"It's okay, here." I say and put my arm around him so he can stand up. I was going to let go when we walk, but he keeps holding on to me. I walk him to the police, where I see Harvey.

"Harvey! Jeremiah needs help!" I say.

"Okay, let's go I need a doctor here!" Harvey says, talking to his crew. I let go of Jeremiah while he waits to be checked up on.

I go over to Bruce while we wait. I run to him and hug him. "Are you okay?" He asks.
"I'm fine, you?" I ask. "I'm okay, how's Jeremiah?" He asks. "He's waiting to be checked on, but he's going to have to stay at the doctors for a while, that's for sure. I'll probably wait with him." I reply and Bruce nods.

I go back to Jeremiah and like I thought, he has to go to hospital. He keeps insisting he's fine, but I don't care, he's going. We get in the ambulance. "Thank you for coming with me, and for checking up on me." Jeremiah says.

"No problem." I smile.

We stay at the hospital for a while. They tell him he should be well looked after. I suggested him staying at my house.

We leave the hospital. "How many times are you going to thank me?" I laugh.
"Expect more! I need to head back to mine to get clothes and stuff." He smiles.

"Of course. Also-" I stop talking. It's him. Jerome's dead body lays lying on a car.

Jeremiah looks at the body and then at me. He takes my arm to drag me away from it. He lets go of my arm and hugs me.

"He's gone. It's okay." He says.

"Thank you... Now, let's go and get your stuff." I say and we continue walking trying to ignore what or who we just saw.

We arrive at his place. "I'll wait out here, don't be long." I say.

"I won't." He says and goes inside.

About 30 minutes later he comes out, he looks pretty shaken up. "Everything okay?" I ask.

"Yes, everything is fine." He says and we walk back to my place.  Is he wearing foundation? Whatever it's dark, I'm probably seeing things.