5

Jim's pov

I walk over to him.

"What is it?" I say.

"I'd like to press charges against Y/n Wayne's butler. I mean, just look at my face." Jeremiah says calmly.

"I think you look great." I say.

"I'd like to speak to Y/n. I didn't get a chance to talk to her before, with her brother crying on the floor and her friend bleeding out all over him." He says

"You've tried to prove you're better than your brother. But I'm still here. The city is still here. You haven't fallen in love with Y/n. You're a failure, Jeremiah. Enjoy Arkham. Your brother did. Put him in the box, get him ready for transport." I say.

"Bring me Y/n Wayne and I'll tell you where the other bombs are." Jeremiah says and I stop walking.

"We have all your bombs."

"The maze bombs, yes. I mean the other ones. Jim, as an engineer, you expect systems to fail. So, you build in redundancies. And I am a very good engineer." He says.

"You're bluffing." I say.

"Am I? How many lives are you willing to bet? You're right, you know. I did fail. I didn't understand the vision I was servicing, but I do now. My eyes are open as will yours be. When you realise I'm not lying, bring me Y/n. And I'd like a coffee. Black, two sugars." Jeremiah says, walking away.

Y/n's pov

While at the hospital, some officers come up to me. "Can I help you?" I ask. "Yeah you can." They say. They take me and drag me out of the hospital. They take Alfred as well but leave Bruce. They bring us to the station.

"Miss Wayne, you'll be perfectly safe. If you could help us learn the location of the bombs-"

"Major, I didn't want to come here. I want to go back to the hospital and back to my friend and my brother. Let's get this over with." I say and they take me to him.

"Hello Y/n. I'm glad to see you here." He smiles.

Where are the bombs, Jeremiah?" I ask.

"Closer, please." I do it. "Closer."

"Tell me, how is the young lady doing?.. Oh .. You know why we're destined to be together? Because we are very much alike. You are as I used to be. At war with your true nature. You must truly embrace it if you ever want to be free. I'm trying or help you." He says.

"Tying to help? By torturing Bruce? By shooting my friend? Trying to force me to love you? You think we're alike because there's a darkness inside both of us. But the difference is, I know how to control mine and you used to. This is all Jerome's fault." I say.

"Oh Y/n, you could be so strong. I see it. He sees it too."

"He??"

"About the bombs."

"Where are the other bombs?" I ask.

"What bombs?"

"The bombs you planted. You blew up the mayor." I say.

"Ah that bomb. Yes, that was the only one but it brought you here."

"You said 'he.' Who do you mean?" I ask.

"The one who opened up my eyes. Who showed me everything I was doing was not to create  a Gotham of my own. But yours. The Gotham you need. Your dark island. And it will come to be, Y/n. Tonight." Jeremiah says.

I start to get annoyed and go up even closer to him, our face inches apart.

"Tell me his name." I say.